Can people love both The Simpsons and Family Guy?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2014, 5:23 pm

Well I do and I'm sure a lot of other people do as well. But I get the feeling that a lot of the hate for Family Guy are coming from hardcore Simpsons fans who just see it as a rip off. Being a Simpsons fan myself I don't think I see it that way. I mean yes Family Guy is an animated comedy about a dysfunctional family just like the Simpsons. There are wacky side characters, places a locations like bars and schools just like the Simpsons and at times I've noticed that Family Guy can sort of copy things the Simpsons have done like when Lois became a boxer like Homer did or when Peter lost his Memory like Marge did or when Peter and Quagmire are driving their cars and talking to each other on the phone and both of them mention to each other there's some jerk cutting them off and it turns out to be each other just like Lenny and Carl did. But even if it's kinda true I wouldn't call Family Guy a rip off, more like to paraphrase what Peter said to Homer "It may have been inspired by The Simpsons but I'd like to think that it's going in a different direction" and while some people may disagree I like to think it that way. I will say that the Simpsons is my favourite of the 2 but Family Guy is just as good, in fact I may have watched more of Family Guy in the past but non the less I love both shows and can't wait for the crossover.

IncredibleFrog
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Aug 2014, 8:19 pm

There's going to be a crossover? That should be cool.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2014, 1:58 pm

As for why you can't love both - to quote John Belushi from Animal House: "Why not? (burp)"

dregj
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Aug 2014, 2:41 pm

i believe it could cause a universe ending paradox

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2014, 2:46 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ussCHoQttyQ[/youtube]

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.