Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Deb1970
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2014, 9:49 pm

There are times that I'm angry for no real apparent reason. I wonder to myself, is it lack of sleep, hormones, overload. I never can seem to tie it to anything. 8O

- Edgar Allan Poe -

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2014, 10:00 pm

do you have a pdoc?

Deb1970
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2014, 10:17 pm

auntblabby wrote:
do you have a pdoc?

What's that auntblabby?

- Edgar Allan Poe -

Deb1970
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2014, 11:12 pm

Deb1970 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
do you have a pdoc?

What's that auntblabby?

I read what pdoc is. Yes, and they have no answers, that's why I'm asking here. Wondering if others with autism experience the same thing.

- Edgar Allan Poe -

AmethystRose
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2014, 11:35 pm

This happens to me. I'm diagnosed with PMDD, though, so for me it's hormonal.

I think PMDD might just be another hypersensitivity of mine, though -- a hypersensitivity to hormones :|

PMDD stands for premenstrual dysphoric disorder, and it's the migraine of the PMS world.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2014, 12:06 am

We get a lot of social rejection, and the anger can bubble up.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2014, 12:24 am

If pdoc means psychologist or psychiatrist, I have been singularly unimpressed. To me, they're kind of these disengaged individuals who pontificate from the sidelines.

And I remember someone here at WP saying you might just as well take a golden retriever, put on a nice pair of wire-framed glasses that go with the coat, and then put a sign around the dog's neck which says, "Tell me how you feel." And that would be a psychologist! Or at least some types of them.

In all honesty, other people on WrongPlanet seem to have benefited from psychologists, psychiatrists, counselors, etc., and more power to them. But that just has not been my experience.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2014, 12:30 am

I've had it - a few moments or minutes when I feel unaccountably angry. It happens too infrequently for me to worry, and I put it down to sugar or some other temporary chemical imbalance. But if it happens often, I'd be wanting to know why. If it's chemical, a Dr might even have an explanation. I had a friend who greatly reduced his fits of anger by reducing the sugar in his diet - the link was discovered by his Dr, not his psych.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2014, 6:43 am

It's happened to me before, I've definitely felt negative emotions for no apparent reason. Oftentimes there is an underlying reason that I realize sooner or later, but sometimes there isn't, at least not an apparent or obvious one. Undoubtedly there is always some reason why a person feels an emotion at any given time, though often it can be chalked up to things like hormones, the balance of certain neurotransmitters, blood sugar levels, and other things that aren't so easy to monitor. I think it would be cool to have some sort of a cybernetic implant that would allow me to bring up a readout of my body's "stats" at any given moment, like one would do on a computer or even a car.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2014, 9:58 am

Yes, I get that way. And it's usually preceded by an extended period of intense sadness. Suddenly, I just start feeling all this rage and it bubbles over. In a way, it can be almost invigorating because it pushes the sadness away for awhile, which is a far worse feeling.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

16 Aug 2014, 11:54 am

When I get overwhelmed I can get into a pretty sour mood, I wouldn't say it is no reason but once something trips my anger on one thing I find myself on edge at a lot of things.