Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

alpineglow
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2014, 11:00 pm

AardvarkGoodSwimmer wrote:
There are also animal rescue groups. Like in Houston, there's 'Pause for Paws'. Just lay it on the table, maybe saying something like, 'My boss has asked me to take care of his dog. This dog has already killed other animals.'

If the person on the other end of the phone is in a bureaucratic mindset, they're likely not to be helpful. If they're in a human mindset, then maybe there's a 50-50 chance whether they'll be helpful.

OP, Your boss is abusing your kindness. I have had people treat me like this, and worse, and it won't stop unless you put a stop to it.
At the shelter in the town where I used to live, if a dog comes in and the shelter people know it is a biter or killer of animals, then it's likely to be kenneled where it is safely isolated. It also will be first to go be put down when/if the shelter gets crowded.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2014, 3:24 pm

KazKazKaz wrote:
. . . Because of where I live, there are no shelters or agency that takes dogs . . .
And plus it's a problem dog.

The fact that it's killed other peoples' animals is very serious. Killing livestock is bad enough. But if it's killed other peoples' pets, like cats or other dogs and I'm guessing it probably has, that's really bad.

There's a chance an animal rescue person might be willing to drive 75 miles, but it becomes more and more of a longshot.

And even though your boss has dumped the dog on you, he's still the owner and would have to approve any new home, at least on a permanent basis.

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2014, 4:43 pm

KazKazKaz wrote:
...Because of where I live, there are no shelters or agency that takes dogs...

PETA shelters are said to never turn any animal away. One of their purposes being a place you can take an animal as a last resort. But they also use euthanasia in the vast majority of cases. It is unfortunate but still preferable to an animal being abused or abandoned.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2014, 8:06 pm

EmeraldGreen wrote:
To kill this dog would be against the law. Do you realize that if you are found out you could be convicted of a felony and go to prison in most states?

Prove it.

rugulach
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2014, 8:13 pm

That's crazy that a boss can foist their dog on their employee. Never heard of such a thing. Get the dog to an animal shelter pronto.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2014, 10:58 pm

I hate dogs.

rileyup
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Aug 2014, 6:18 pm

Ok so we know some aspies feel violent towards animals. But do some feel sexy towards animals?

Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2014, 7:19 pm

rileyup wrote:
Ok so we know some aspies feel violent towards animals. But do some feel sexy towards animals?

The first I would suspect is incorrect if you are saying it is a tendency of ASD. From personal observation I think the opposite may be true, that is ASD people are more predisposed to like animals. But I have not seen anything scientific on that issue.

The second is probably a unsuitable subject for this forum.