Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2014, 1:29 am

Particularly people who don't know about your diagnosis. My music teacher describes me as "intense" and a lot of people think I'm anxious or depressed.

Niche99
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Aug 2014, 3:17 am

Nerd, Geek, Weird, Strange, Freak, Hyperactive......

DarkAscent
Toucan
Toucan

19 Aug 2014, 4:33 am

Geek, nerd, weird, strange, eccentric, shy, quiet, timid, anxious, dark, solemn, cold, rude...

Have been called a "solemn b******" before.

The list goes on...

Last edited by DarkAscent on 19 Aug 2014, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quantum
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Aug 2014, 5:34 am

Nerd, eccentric, sadistic, anti-social, quiet, lone wolf, freak, passive, anxious (not usually noticable by others), very limited (interests, routines), shy...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2014, 6:01 am

Quite Wolfie, in a Court Jester sort of way--and with a dash of "all-right" ness

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2014, 6:06 am

Odd but nice.. over-thinks things.. shy.. not shy.. inappropriate.. detail minded.. like a meerkat.. awkward.. intense.. quiet.. good listener.. self absorbed.. strange.. thoughtful.. thoughtless.. off with the fairies..

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

Suncatcher
Toucan
Toucan

19 Aug 2014, 7:11 am

Lone wolf, silent, too generous, impossible to know what i am thinking, strange at times

franknfurter
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2014, 7:21 am

am not diagnosed but i usually get

quiet, anxious, funny, blunt, sharp (as in the way I talk), never stop talking.

Chrome_Oxide_Green
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Aug 2014, 9:42 am

Pedantic, loner, quiet, driven, overly polite.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2014, 9:53 am

Resistent, arrogant, elitest, precise, rude, blunt, detailed, honest.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Gita
Raven
Raven

19 Aug 2014, 10:30 am

Strange. Unusual. Emotional. Obsessive. Talented. Brilliant.

dindon
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Aug 2014, 11:19 am

quiet, strange, polite, conceited, creative, clever

LocksAndLiqueur
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Aug 2014, 1:37 pm

My principal described me as "calm and compentlative". Mackenzie (one possible spelling of the name, though it's possible hers is spelled differently), the office aid, has told me a few times that I remind her of Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds. I ran into an old acquaintance from school a little over a year ago at a fireworks display and he said that I reminded him of Sherlock Holmes (as featured in the show "Elementary", not "Sherlock" or the original character from the works by sir conan doyle. However, these portrayals of the character all have a number of similarities).

Once, while the police were searching my room, my probation officer (at the time, as I'm no longer on probation) was browsing the books on my shelf and commented that I was "into survival". I responded with a comment that was something to the effect of "It certainly beats the alternative". His writings on me descibe me as "apprehensive of law enforcement" and (despite having demonstated my ability to smuggle and manufacture things I'm not supposed to have) having a threat level of two (which, on the scale used by the police in my county is quite low. Higher numbers indicate a higher level of danger and many of the people Charles works with have threat levels in the mid to upper twenties), as I've never resisted arrest, even when I was being arrested for things I was later found innocent of & (unlike many of the people he's worked with) don't have aggressive tendencies. I'm also one of the more polite and articulate people he's had to work with.

My county appointed "mentor", Alex has sometimes commented that he just doesn't know what to do with me. Most of his clients have very obvious, very serious issues. He has one client that refuses to stop eating broken glass to get attention, another who beats his foster mom and one who was a very nice, intelligent young man who unfortunately struggled with schizophrenia. As the one client of his who isn't violent, on drugs, doing just crazy things like eating glass or struggling to figure out what's real, we often end up just talking and playing video games of going to the park. He said that before meeting me, he was lead to believe that I was "some kind of crazy cyber-terrorist", but quickly came to the conclusion that the information he'd been given on me was quite misleading.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2014, 2:59 pm

Weird, Awkward, Strange, etc.

Agrestic

19 Aug 2014, 3:07 pm

I've gotten maternal, blunt, masculine (seems contradictory with the first one, doesn't it?), loud, abrasive...

But I've also gotten ones like smart, creative, and out of the box, too. I consider myself a little bit polarizing; my friends seems to enjoy my dark humor, but I can imagine some people think I'm just an as*hole.

I saw this on a table of qualities that female Aspies have, and I truly resonate with it- I don't really have an identity of my own established, and I feel pretty androgynous on the whole. I like football, video games (I'm a real war hawk on WoW), and the whole make-up and dresses aspect never appealed to me.

But I do really enjoy men. I feel sometimes that I'm closer to a gay man than a straight woman, but to each their own.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2014, 3:20 pm

Agrestic wrote:
I saw this on a table of qualities that female Aspies have, and I truly resonate with it- I don't really have an identity of my own established, and I feel pretty androgynous on the whole. I like football, video games (I'm a real war hawk on WoW), and the whole make-up and dresses aspect never appealed to me.

But I do really enjoy men. I feel sometimes that I'm closer to a gay man than a straight woman, but to each their own.

That's like the opposite of me. I do have some gender neutral hobbies, but most people consider me feminine. I enjoy wearing makeup, but I don't normally wear dresses or skirts. Ironically I don't enjoy men that much.