Page 1 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

noidentity0
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Aug 2014, 6:38 am

To all christians, do you think theres a link between autism and the devil? Do you think Jesus can heal us?

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2014, 7:32 am

You are joking aren't you? Do you sincerely hold onto this belief?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2014, 10:06 am

noidentity0 wrote:
To all christians, do you think theres a link between autism and the devil? Do you think Jesus can heal us?

No. God doesn't make mistakes or allow for them, either. Satan might take advantage of various attributes in every person, but, that part is up to you. And, yes, Jesus can help us, but he can't change how God made us.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2014, 12:04 pm

You should do an experiment and see if Jesus can heal you. Go ahead, I'll wait...

FrankiDelano
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Aug 2014, 12:49 pm

You know the church used to support scientific theory, and shelter and help out with scientific and mathematical study during the dark ages. I'm just saying if the people who wrote the bible, not Jesus [or Yesuah as was his proper Hebrew name] or the apostles, but the Byzantium government, who comissioned the writing of the bible in 325 AD mainly did so because of a rapid spread of a new Judaic philosophy historians call "proto-Christany," and the fact there where essentially no more pagan worshipers left in the lands. The concept of "Satan" or a "hell" in the dark way we picture today was completely absent from most of the scripture for a long time. Actually Satan was viewed as more of a "watch-dog" for God if you can try and picture it that way. Satan isn't even supposed to be the greatest evil in the older testaments anyways, it's actually the Leviathan that many believed to be the greatest threat to humanity at that time and place. Any way my point is you want healing, it is completely christian, and definitely NOT a sin to seek medical and psychological help.

BrittMichaela
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Aug 2014, 1:19 pm

My mother used to say she thought autism (and most mental disorders) weren't real and that they were caused by satan. :roll: I do believe Jesus can heal us. It just takes time.

ChrisP
Toucan
Toucan

21 Aug 2014, 1:50 pm

FrankiDelano wrote:
....but the Byzantium government, who comissioned the writing of the bible in 325 AD mainly did so because of a rapid spread of a new Judaic philosophy historians call "proto-Christany," and the fact there where essentially no more pagan worshipers left in the lands. The concept of "Satan" or a "hell" in the dark way we picture today was completely absent from most of the scripture for a long time.....

I'm sorry, but as a retired teacher of church history I have to say that this bears no resemblance to any history I have studied or taught - where did you find this please?

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2014, 3:07 pm

I think he may be talking about the Council of Nicea, where Church doctrine was first codified out of a larger body of beliefs about Jesus.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2014, 8:27 am

(Thread moved from the Haven to PPR. I'm somewhat suspicious that this is a troll thread too.)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2014, 9:19 am

I coulda been freed of this!

But my parents couldnt afford to pay my excorcist.

So I got repossessed!

And thats why I'm still aspie!

Excuse me. I need to to spin my head and vomit blood for a few minutes!

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2014, 10:54 am

*facepalm*

*dazed* Am I in the middle ages? 8O

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2014, 11:13 am

These just may be the middle ages but we just don't know it yet.

Thinking varies from country to country, etc.

In the U.S. if someone kills someone and says God told him to do it we prepare a padded room.

But in the middle east it's accepted that local religious authorities can say God told them to do it, and people (who fervently believe tis is true) line up to have bombs strapped on them before they get their morning's coffee or drop off their kid at school, etc..

Spooky, huh?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2014, 11:35 am

The question is specifically directed at Christians
The question is characteristic of a devout Christian reaching out to other devout Christians
Trolling? Possibly, but I would think that in the practice of classic trolling it would have been more of a provocative statement than a simple question directed at one specific group.
Example: "There is a link between autism and the devil! You are infected by Satan but Jesus can heal (or save) you!"

In my case I am a Christian but not devout enough to ponder the question for much more than to say that I don't see the connection between satan and autism.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2014, 11:40 am

ZenDen wrote:
These just may be the middle ages but we just don't know it yet.

Thinking varies from country to country, etc.

In the U.S. if someone kills someone and says God told him to do it we prepare a padded room.

But in the middle east it's accepted that local religious authorities can say God told them to do it, and people (who fervently believe tis is true) line up to have bombs strapped on them before they get their morning's coffee or drop off their kid at school, etc..

Spooky, huh?

True, and the ones who claim to be anti-religion seem to focus on Christianity and any criticism of Islam, real or imagined, are instantly labeled as "Islamophobia".

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2014, 11:58 am

Raptor wrote:
...the ones who claim to be anti-religion seem to focus on Christianity and any criticism of Islam, real or imagined, are instantly labeled as "Islamophobia".

So, anti-religious individuals recognize and defend religion (Islam) when they perceive other religions (Christianity) criticizing the former (Islam). Is this a case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend (for now)" or just sticking their noses in something that they have said previously is none of their business? Their arguments sound hallow and conveniently timed.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2014, 1:41 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Raptor wrote:
...the ones who claim to be anti-religion seem to focus on Christianity and any criticism of Islam, real or imagined, are instantly labeled as "Islamophobia".

So, anti-religious individuals recognize and defend religion (Islam) when they perceive other religions (Christianity) criticizing the former (Islam). Is this a case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend (for now)" or just sticking their noses in something that they have said previously is none of their business? Their arguments sound hallow and conveniently timed.

In a nutshell, selectively attacking one religion under the cloak of being anti-religion while disregarding or dismissing the equal or worse traits of another religion.