Significantly older/younger mates?

Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2007, 9:32 am

I don't purposely seek mates significantly older than me. *They* find *me*. And I am curious to know why.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2007, 9:52 am

It could be two fold. One is that the older we get, the less we care about conforming. That's true of NTs as well. The second is that they may want someone younger of whom they can take care and to whom they can explain the world. They also may have fewer expectations of emotional displays and just want a stable relationship.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2007, 8:27 pm

I don't really look at age. I look more at whether or not someone has similar interests, or has a good sense of humor, etc.--in addition to good inner qualities.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

pokeapoke
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Mar 2007, 11:33 pm

It doesn't seem bad. Just as others have said, don't expect too much. I wouldn't date anybody more than 2 years younger than me right now, and I'm 17. Older, I could care less if she was as old as 25, older though, no.

07 Nov 2007, 9:25 pm

i need to read this when i have more time.

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 8:52 am

Cyanide wrote:
I was just wondering if most people with AS end up with a girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse with a significant age difference. I'm 18, and my current gf is 15 (and yeah, i'm pretty much unwillingly the talk of the school now).

Curious man... I'm not sure what I'm doing atm but one of the top 3 people who can connect with me is a 14 year old girl. She's ridiculously intelligent - not just for her age, but fullstop.

In any case I'm sure people would probably get on my back if I ever formed anything with her... well - it's one of them strange cases of 'don't like her in that way and she's the same, but if I focussed energy into it I might end up liking her in that way'.

But I'm intelligent enough to be aware of the problems of that sorta thing. Still in any case - I could grow to like her... who knows.

And yeah I'm also 18...

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 7:26 pm

Yeah I'm 19, but I won't dip much below 17 (seeing as how going lower means that I'm getting into the range of pedophilia, which I would rather not engage in). I do, however, not mind going up to about the age of 25 (although preferably at or under 22)

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 7:53 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
Yeah I'm 19, but I won't dip much below 17 (seeing as how going lower means that I'm getting into the range of pedophilia, which I would rather not engage in). I do, however, not mind going up to about the age of 25 (although preferably at or under 22)

So how's 18 going for 14 year old sound? :roll: Although tbf she is 15 before I'm 19. Also keeping in mind that I'm not going for her but I do so believe that if I'll grow an attraction to anyone she's one of the possibilities and that...

Does anyone think this sounds all wrong?

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 7:54 pm

I'm 17 and wouldn't go any younger. I find older woman (17 - 30) more appealing.

bjorker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Nov 2007, 9:01 pm

My partner is almost 16 years older than me (I'm 23, he recently turned 39, our daughter will be 3 in January). It's just never been an issue. We're matched pretty well, in most areas. Age really doesn't matter for us at all.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 11:04 pm

I'm 24, and I usually dated women my own age, or at least within a year or two. I've had one good relationship, but it didn't last long, and most other attempts at finding a girlfriend didn't get past the third date. Within the last two months, I found myself interested in girls younger than me; namely, ages 18 to 20. I feel like I'm behind my peers as far as emotional development is concerned. In other words, I have the mentality of someone younger, even though physically and intellectually, I'm 24. So while I can have a good conversation with a girl my age, I can't keep her interest long enough to maintain a relationship. Maybe that realization what triggered my new interest. I realize her not being able to drink will be somewhat of a hassle, but I'm not much of a clubbing type to begin with.

Pugly
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2007, 11:18 pm

I'm kind of torn, since I generally like girls both younger and older than me.

I'm attracted to older women, since they (sort of presuming here) gain some wisdom and maturity. Perhaps be more willing to take a chance on someone such as myself... I am more just interested in having a long term relationship... don't want to play games and such and such.

However, the youthful silliness of younger women is attractive too. I am a very silly, easy going guy... and joke around often... it seems like this side of me is perpetually of a more childish younger mindset.

In the end, age isn't that big of a deal for me. It'd be hard for me to go with someone younger than 21... (I'm 25)... but could see myself with a woman 10 years older than me... maybe more.

Wanting more than what I have might appear as greed.

EvilKimEvil
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 12:40 am

I'm 28 and my bf will be 37 next week. I used to date people my own age, but that changed when I got out of college and started meeting people of different ages. I seem to have more in common with people who are older than me, in general.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 12:43 pm

Pugly wrote:
However, the youthful silliness of younger women is attractive too. I am a very silly, easy going guy... and joke around often... it seems like this side of me is perpetually of a more childish younger mindset.

This reminds me of something I read in a religious book. A 17th-century rabbi once said: "If a child is not allowed to play during childhood, he will play when he grows up." Do those younger women possibly represent something that was missing in your childhood or another part in your early life? (On a side note, there's nothing wrong with that, as long as she's at least 18 ). I think that's the case for me. But maybe that's just a phase that'll pass in a few months. As long as no one's feelings get hurt as a result, someone 24 dating someone who's 18 is perfectly acceptable.

gekitsu
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 1:05 pm

when my ex girlfriend and me came together, i was 21 and she was 14. hows that?

i still tend to connect with younger girls better. i like when someone hasnt lost the ability to just f**k reality and dream on. girls my age are usually way too stuck up about being mature and serious and... boring.

samtoo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2007, 1:11 pm

gekitsu wrote:
when my ex girlfriend and me came together, i was 21 and she was 14. hows that?

Wow maybe me liking a 14 year old ain't so bad then if this is ok.