Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

HamtaroCappy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Aug 2014, 2:35 pm

Does anyone here play Club Penguin? I'm addicted to it lately. I'm annoyed that they're having a Frozen party right now though; Disney seems to love shoehorning their franchises into Club Penguin.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2014, 5:43 pm

I used to play Club Penguin for a while after I bought one of those penguin plushies that was dressed like a cute little fairy, but I got bored with it. It's okay for kids, I guess. I also really don't like that you have to pay for a membership in order to do or get just about anything decent but after it expires all the stuff you paid real money for gets "stored" unless you renew it. They "retired" their Disney Fairies and Toontown online games (meaning any real money you spent was pretty much a waste), so Club Penguin could go at any second.

HamtaroCappy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Aug 2014, 6:47 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I used to play Club Penguin for a while after I bought one of those penguin plushies that was dressed like a cute little fairy, but I got bored with it. It's okay for kids, I guess. I also really don't like that you have to pay for a membership in order to do or get just about anything decent but after it expires all the stuff you paid real money for gets "stored" unless you renew it. They "retired" their Disney Fairies and Toontown online games (meaning any real money you spent was pretty much a waste), so Club Penguin could go at any second.

I really dislike the membership system, too. Before Disney bought Club Penguin, it was to avoid putting ads on the site and was used to keep Club Penguin afloat, and was also much cheaper. Now there's no point. Disney probably has plenty of money to keep Club Penguin up.

Also, (I could be wrong) but I think Club Penguin is the reason they closed ToonTown and a few other games.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2014, 1:49 pm

oh yes, i joined in january of 2009 (6th grade) and i went on it seemingly every day. i was addicted. the constant 'members only' reminders when playing pushed me into buying a few 6 month membership codes. they were mostly birthday gifts. i also bought some merch; i have some all the "Pick your Path" books and a fat stack of cards to boot.

i'm not sure when i stopped playing, i think it was in 2011, the earlier months of that year. i was frustrated with the constant membership reminders and having to spend money just to get some actual enjoyment out of the game. they were taking stuff away from non-members and giving it to members, instead of creating all new stuff for members which would have been a bit better...they ruined aqua grabber!! ! i made craptons of coins on that game!! ! :evil: :evil:
it's mostly 9 year olds who go on it now.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2014, 4:11 pm

I used to play this game. A few months after disney bought it, I stopped.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 1:01 am

Protogenoi wrote:
I used to play this game. A few months after disney bought it, I stopped.

i tend to discover games after their "prime".

when i joined in january 2009 Disney already poisoned it.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Runo Misaki
Raven
Raven

22 May 2019, 10:33 am

Yeah. I play Club Penguin and I'm 20. I do it for the nostalgia and the cool games. I also like it because I like the idea of having puffles (pets), my own igloo (house) and the cool outfits. Now it's called Club Penguin Rewritten and its similar to the 2005-2010 Club Penguin. Also, it's not just kids on there anymore, there are college aged people on there too. I'm friends with 3 college students on Club Penguin. It's really fun :D