Ultimate All-Time Band Members from Where You Live!

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

JML101582
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2014, 2:24 pm

I was texting with my friend today about my all-time Seattle band members. He really liked what I put out for the ultimate 206 band so here they are:

Lead Vocals: Layne Staley (Alice in Chains)
Lead Gutiarists: Jimi Hendrix, Jerry Cantrell (Alice in Chains)
Rhythm Gutiarists: Nancy Wilson (Heart), Kurt Cobain (Nirvana)
Bass: Duff McKegan (Guns N' Roses and Mad Season)
Secondary Vocals: Chris Cornell (Soundgarden), Ann Wilson (Heart), Geoff Tate (Queensrÿche), and Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam)
Drums: Dave Grohl (Nirvana)

What are your ultimate dream band members from the city/state/country/continent you live in?

IncredibleFrog
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Aug 2014, 3:20 pm

They Might Be Giants.

That's the only one I can think of. Not many famous bands in St. Louis. :p

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2014, 4:39 pm

Hm. Aside from the obvious (American Idol's David Archuleta, Jewel and The Osmonds), I would include The Used as well as Suzy Creamcheese (a Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention groupie; I know, she doesn't really count) and Tom Fowler (former bassist with Zappa and the Mothers of Invention).

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Aug 2014, 7:05 am

From my town, there isn't much, and they're generally vocalists - no bassists or drummers.

If you're including Aberdeen as part of Seattle then I can probably get away with including the whole of my county, which gives me Radiohead. So, erm, all of Radiohead.

savethepenguins
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Aug 2014, 9:49 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
From my town, there isn't much, and they're generally vocalists - no bassists or drummers.

If you're including Aberdeen as part of Seattle then I can probably get away with including the whole of my county, which gives me Radiohead. So, erm, all of Radiohead.

I think the only band from Reading I can name is Slowdive.

Glenn Branca and the Ocean Blue are from the Harrisburg/Hershey area. Poison also is, so I sincerely apologize.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2014, 10:57 pm

I'll go for Israel in general, I'm not much into Tel-Aviv

Noam Rotem
Berry Sacharof
Ori Frost
Ze'ev Nehama
Shlomi Bracha (LOL, the last two are a contradiction if you ever saw any, not that you'd know! :P )

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2014, 11:28 pm

The best Seattle lineup is a great question. I'm not originally from Seattle (I'm from Portland) but I lived in Seattle long enough that I feel like I qualify to speak on the matter... Assuming it's a 5-piece band I'll go with the following:

Vocals: Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam)
Lead guitar: Hendrix
Rhythm guitar/backup vocal: Isaac Brock (Modest Mouse)
Bass: Ben Shepherd (Soundgarden)
Drums: [if Dave Matthews Band counts as a "Seattle band"] Carter Beauford--otherwise Matt Cameron would be fine

It's not necessarily the "best" musicians end to end, but assuming they could get along, the songwriting possibilities are off the charts. It hurts to leave Chris Cornell, Layne Staley and others off the list, but this is the group of 5 I'd want to see above all without question.

Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2014, 8:27 pm

This would be much much easier if I lived in Seattle. lol Unfortunately I live in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada so all I've got is this guy:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ILAdKBicMc[/youtube]

Can't say I feel all that proud of him, or that I'd want him in my band. No offense, Kim Mitchell. lol

--Aldous Huxley

ImNOTBatman
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Nov 2014, 2:18 pm

Alex Turner, Jamie Cooke, Matt Helders, Nick O'Maley from Arctic Monkeys.

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 2:35 pm

I currently live in Huntington Beach. During my time living here, I've run into or spotted members of The Vandals, The Aquabats, Reel Big Fish and Matt Costa at various locations within a few miles of my house, and probably even more that I didn't recognize.