I'm looking for something physical and fun to do at home

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Hnarqu
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Aug 2014, 9:31 pm

Hey all. I want to get in better shape and work my whole body, something I can do for twenty minutes or so a day that works everything body wise. The reason is to eventually get on American Ninja Warrior, just because it's something I want to do. It seems like fun.
Some limitations. I don't have access to a pullup bar. I only have a dumbbell set and barbell set with adjustable weights and my body. I'm also limited to space, about ten feet by ten feet.
Does anyone know of a way to get to the goals I want with these limitations?

IncredibleFrog
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Aug 2014, 11:56 pm

Try drill workout videos? They are pretty tough. But if you can get out and practice at a gym or rock climbing place, that would be a big help.

Hnarqu
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Aug 2014, 7:47 am

IncredibleFrog wrote:
Try drill workout videos? They are pretty tough. But if you can get out and practice at a gym or rock climbing place, that would be a big help.

I'll look into it, but I don't think my "slight" heart murmur workd work well with it at first. Maybe along the way it would be safer to try them out, but right away might not be good.
I'm also scared of heights, which is always fun for me. I did look up places for indoor rock climbing, but the closest one is a four hour walk (I don't drive).
Thank you, IncredibleFrog, for the advice. I'm sorry if I seem negative with the advice given to me. Any and all advice does help me.

Roobot
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Aug 2014, 10:07 am

I've got my own cross trainer. They're good for giving a whole body workout.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2014, 1:03 pm

Pushups, crunches, squats, yoga stretches (and get a yoga ball!) & go run outside.

Hnarqu
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Aug 2014, 9:21 pm

I'm just going to try using my Fit Deck cards again to see if I can get them to work. I think I would be too limited to try and find a daily routine any other way for now.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2014, 12:29 am

Look up Stronglifts routine... Great beginner program for strength, muscle gain, and some fat loss. It will take around an hour due to post workout stretches but is well worth it.

Hnarqu
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Aug 2014, 8:21 am

Pondering wrote:
Look up Stronglifts routine... Great beginner program for strength, muscle gain, and some fat loss. It will take around an hour due to post workout stretches but is well worth it.

Now this is something that might interest me. Thank you very much :).

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2014, 6:24 am

if you're an iphone user, try Gorilla Workout. I love it, have been using it for years. they constantly add new training programs and each program focuses on a different body part. it's really great.

in a usual week I do something like: 3-4 core sets, 3-4 push-up sets, 5-6 cardio or plyometric sets, 5-6 gorilla sets.

every set is 7-20 minutes, depending on the level. I started at the bottom and am level 3 now and can definitely see a lot of muscle where spongy skin used to be :D