Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

llee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Aug 2014, 2:54 am

I googled for something like "Newcastle upon Tyne" "no friends" and found a page here.

I'm male, 32, from Newcastle upon Tyne, not sure if I have autism or aspergers, but I definitely have problems fitting in. No confidence and haven't got a clue what I'm doing 99% of the time. Still live at home, no ambitions, no friends and almost zero hobbies. Finding it tough at the minute as you might guess. Is it my fault? I don't know.

I know I'm wasting my time, though. The past 10 years have gone and there's only the next 10 before I go grey and things start to get harder, so I'd like to find some purpose by then.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2014, 2:27 pm

well, i'm from southern California, but welcome to the site :)

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

llee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Aug 2014, 3:49 pm

Well hello.. :) and Edit: thanks for having me.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2014, 6:31 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2014, 7:23 pm

llee wrote:
I googled for something like "Newcastle upon Tyne" "no friends" and found a page here.

I'm male, 32, from Newcastle upon Tyne, not sure if I have autism or aspergers, but I definitely have problems fitting in. No confidence and haven't got a clue what I'm doing 99% of the time. Still live at home, no ambitions, no friends and almost zero hobbies. Finding it tough at the minute as you might guess. Is it my fault? I don't know.

I know I'm wasting my time, though. The past 10 years have gone and there's only the next 10 before I go grey and things start to get harder, so I'd like to find some purpose by then.

heey in birmingham at the moment and I come up here during holidays so im a semi permanent resident! Welcome welcome welcome :D

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

llee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Aug 2014, 3:27 pm

Ectryon wrote:
heey in birmingham at the moment and I come up here during holidays so im a semi permanent resident! Welcome welcome welcome :D

Your accent must be quite something then :)

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2014, 3:32 pm

llee wrote:
Ectryon wrote:

Your accent must be quite something then :)

Lol I actually have a really formal English accent

AutisticGuy1981
Toucan
Toucan

29 Aug 2014, 12:43 pm

llee wrote:

I'm male, 33 and live in Newcastle Upon Tyne. :D
I have high functioning autism (diagnosed a few years ago now) basically the same as aspergers though just ever so slightly different diagnosis criteria.

I am very similar to you really although I have my own flat
No real friends only my ex wife, my son and step son are my only social contact.
My only hobbies are computer games and cycling.
I have no ambition either I will likely die as I am now without anything in my life changing..

I go through lonely spells, there was a period a few months ago where I was tempted to join some local activity groups or tag along on one of the organised skyride cycling rides to try and make some friends but I couldn't over come the anxiety so didn't bother.

Where abouts in Newcastle do you live? I'm in the west end just up the hill from st james park.
maybe if we have any similar interests at all we could become real life associates , I would say friends but autistic people don't really have them :lol:

Quote:

googling no friends is how I found out about autism and aspergers :D
if you really think you're on the autistic spectrum then you should gather evidence and seek diagnosis.

HeDon
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Apr 2015, 1:51 pm

Hey I live in the North East and I'm a 17 year old female with Aspergers, love to meet up with anyone in Newcastle with anyone interested in making new friends. I'm quite an artistic and musical aspie, a bit shy but willing to share common interests. Message me :)

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 2:03 pm

Mothers side is Geordie, from Cullercoats, the foremost of the reiver families with a Northumberland reel written about us.
My Great Granduncle has a painting or two in the Laing Gallery

AutisticGuy1981
Toucan
Toucan

05 Aug 2015, 1:57 pm

HeDon wrote:
Hey I live in the North East and I'm a 17 year old female with Aspergers, love to meet up with anyone in Newcastle with anyone interested in making new friends. I'm quite an artistic and musical aspie, a bit shy but willing to share common interests. Message me :)

I'm 34 but if you ever get desperate for a friend, someone to go to the cinema with once in a blue moon etc feel free to send me a pm.