Any adults still struggle with sleeping?

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2014, 10:45 am

Love that Screen Name, Intravenus!! !! !! !

I sleep fairly okay now. I tend to get up in the middle of the night.

When I had knee surgery, I would only get maybe 3-4 hours a sleep at night for a few months after the surgery.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2014, 11:35 am

LupaLuna wrote:
Question for everyone. Have any of you tried a weighted blanket for your insomnia issues? and if so, did it help?

I've been thinking about making one. Will let you know if I actually manage to do so, and how/if it helps. :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2014, 12:24 pm

skibum wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
since my back went out on me i have not slept especially well, what with hours of tossing and turning uncomfortably. :hmph:
You'd better tell your back to come home! ;)

haha :lol: at this point I may have to enlist the services of a neurosurgeon to do that job for me. and it will never quite be the same.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2014, 1:44 pm

I find doing squats before bedtime to be helping, as my insomnia issues tend to be mainly caused by restless legs syndrome.

Also counting to 1000 slowly in my head while i'm in my bed tends to help at times.

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2014, 1:51 pm

All the time. A lot of it is due to my concerta though. I can't stop taking it because I tried that once already, and it didn't work out very well at all for me. D: Anyway, I wake up at odd hours of the night, then I can't get back to sleep. ><

Noetic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2014, 4:31 pm

I used to have a lot of trouble falling asleep with racing thoughts and restless rolling around for hours. Remember it from early childhood.

These past four or so years I've been building up an exercise regime of 30-90 minutes of walking and swimming a day, and I am much better able to fall asleep.

Unfortunately I now more often than not wake up after 4-5 hours and find it hard to get back to sleep. Lie ins are not something I have been able to have for several years.

WeeYank
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Sep 2014, 4:55 pm

I'm an excellent sleeper. I could win contests.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2014, 5:00 pm

I WOULD be an excellent sleeper but for my aching back. :hmph:

grbiker
Raven
Raven

26 Sep 2014, 5:14 pm

Always had trouble waking too early and not being able to get back to sleep, resulting in 5-6 hours of sleep per night. My solution was just to stay up until 1-2 am then get up at 7, presto! a full nights sleep! Right?

Things began to unravel as I hit my late thirties, I went to a psychologist who's specialty was sleep issues. That helped a lot, I started to get longer better nights sleep. This was also the road to me being diagnosed with ADD and ASD.

Occasionally have a bad night, but most nights I'm rested, and I get TIRED by 10 pm.