Did anybody here finish college at a later age?

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 10:17 am

For all intents and purposes, a community college is the same as the first two years of a four-year college--especially after you're accepted into a four-year college after two years.

I don't buy the notion that "community college" equals "inferior."

My wife went to a community college which was much more rigorous academically than the four-year college which she attended later.

Mme de Guermantes
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Nov 2014, 3:12 pm

Hi,

I finished my AA at age 27.

I am turning 32 in a few days and I am planning to apply to university next year and plan on getting a BS and then an MS.

I have often thought of going to art school after that just for fun.

I think studying at an older age is becoming more and more common and I don't see any good reason why anyone should not do so if that's what they want.

I will probably remain a student in some form for the rest of my life and I see nothing wrong with that.

RoyalBlood
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2014, 9:50 pm

I got a couple AA early but did not get my BA until age 32 and then only for a job, never needed it before that. I did have the credits to graduate long before that but not a couple specific classes. I have never been asked where I graduated from or what I studied except for applications for Graduate study. I got Masters at age 52.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 1:45 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
For all intents and purposes, a community college is the same as the first two years of a four-year college--especially after you're accepted into a four-year college after two years.

I don't buy the notion that "community college" equals "inferior."

My wife went to a community college which was much more rigorous academically than the four-year college which she attended later.

this I did not know

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 3:40 pm

I finished my bachelor's degree in psychology at age 28. And I've been back to school in my 30s and 40s and as recently as this past Spring at age 51 for a single class.

I've developed my theory of experimenting with different methods of pre-studying, and in a light and casual manner at that, kind of like zen! (when it goes well). And being open to viewing mistakes as texture.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 10:38 pm

AardvarkGoodSwimmer wrote:
I finished my bachelor's degree in psychology at age 28. And I've been back to school in my 30s and 40s and as recently as this past Spring at age 51 for a single class.

I've developed my theory of experimenting with different methods of pre-studying, and in a light and casual manner at that, kind of like zen! (when it goes well). And being open to viewing mistakes as texture.

it's very hard to ignore societies expectations

Lilblizzy
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Jan 2015, 1:11 pm

I initially attended college right out of high school. However, a lot of crazy life happenings took place and after sporadically attending over the years, I finally finished my Bachelor of Science at 32 years old.

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2015, 5:17 pm

I went to college right out of high school and got a B.A. when I was 22. I graduated on time, got a B+ average and all that, but I was a f*****g mess in college with drugs and chaos, I knew up front I wanted to go beyond that but I wasn't ready at all by the time I graduated.

I waited a few years to go back to school and finished a masters just before I turned 30. Most of the time I look at things like "just GO FOR IT", in many cases I think that's the right play to just get it going, but that one was a really good one to wait on for a bit.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2015, 10:49 pm

I finished my college run at 29.
I went straight from Undergrad to Grad, due to classes double dating.

So i now have a Masters in IT management and double undergrad in management information systems and marketing (mainly digital).

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 11:52 am

27 and returned to community college last Fall semester, when i was still 26, passed both 2 classes last semester, basically i'm part of an out-reach program that my parents are paying for that helps people with Asperger's reach their full potential in life, currently in a certificate program, i feel it didn't start to hit me hard mentally when i turned 25, that the harsh, cold, cruel fact of life, reality, that it is very hard, difficult, almost impossible to acquire a job that provides financial stability without a college degree or college education, by only having a high school diploma, it's like as if having a high school diploma is almost as bad as not having a high school diploma at all.