Intro 2 ourselves (and a very OT request... maybe not?)

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Mei
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Aug 2014, 3:26 pm

Hello folks!

I registered to this forum months ago. Then life brought me elsewhere, now I'm here again. I'm mothering my 7 years old autistic child, not HFA, not LFA... autistic in his own way :heart:. When he was diagnosed 4 years ago in Rome, I thought what I could do was to move to a desert island, where he could be himself as I have always seen him: perfect.

I still find him wonderful, yet I undertook what I believed could be the best path for him. He is doing ABA VB therapy, and he has been enrolled last year in a Montessori primary school, who he attends with great enthusiasm.

I have to struggle on the one hand with my tendency to over-protect him and on the other with the tendency of relatives to neglect who he is. But he seems happy, which is the most important thing to me.

Yet (and this will lead me to the OT - side of this message...): he has his own special interests, often not common among his friends. I would have found the perfect birthday gift for him, but the ebay seller doesn't offer international posting. So, since the auction will close in less than 24 hours, could anyone bid in my place? I have a correspondence address in the US for the item to be posted, but the vendor was quite clever, I cannot bid from abroad. Just in case, drop me a private message.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2014, 3:39 pm

Hi and welcome!

About your e-bay item -- have you tried messaging a question to the seller, asking him to make an exception and ship to your country? This has worked for me several times. I have seen various items I really wanted, but the listing said "Does not ship" to my country. So I've used the "Ask the seller a question" feature.

At first it gives you a menu of standard questions, but if you click "other" and then click "Still want to contact seller," it will give you a field in which to send a message. I've always written:

"Hi, I see your listing for (Said item) says you don't ship inernationally, but I wonder if you could possibly make an exception? I've been looking for this item everywhere, but I'm in the UK, here is my post code if it might help you figure the costs ( postcode)

Thanks SO much if you can do this!"

It has worked pretty much every time. They have written back saying oh sure, that's fine, and when I won the auction or the Buy Now, they've shipped to me.

So, even when a listing states "No international shipping/Does not ship to" -- it's worth a try writing to the seller via the listing, and asking very nicely. You never know.

Mei
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Aug 2014, 3:44 pm

Hi thanks for the welcome and for the reply!

Yes, I did try to contact the seller, and he/she has been clear. He/she allows bidding exclusively from US registered ebay users.
I haven't had troubles in the past with UK sellers, as I have an address in the UK associated to my paypal account (when paypal still allowed this).

We'll see!

:wink:

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2014, 4:06 pm

Oh, that's a shame that the seller personally confirmed they won't ship to your country. Always worth asking!

Mei
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Aug 2014, 4:12 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
Oh, that's a shame that the seller personally confirmed they won't ship to your country. Always worth asking!

A shame indeed! I keep my fingers crossed

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 2:52 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet!

Mei
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Aug 2014, 7:11 am

Thank you!