Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

the_mad_man
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Sep 2014, 1:10 pm

If FB is causing you stress, perhaps it's time to leave FB, or at least unfriend and leave groups that bother you.

thumbhole
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Sep 2014, 1:42 pm

Caesar wrote:
I 2329857987% of the statuses I post on Facebook are actual stuff that happened in my life

That makes no mathematical sense. :scratch:

melodicdaisy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Sep 2014, 6:29 pm

I never click "like" on anything people post anymore instead if it interests me I just make a friendly comment.
Anyway the best thing to do is take a break from making posts I mean go check it if you must but instead comment and like other people's stuff and make sure it is posative comments. ;)

crystalc1973
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Sep 2014, 3:17 pm

I have had much the same experience on Facebook. I could post that I had my arms and legs cut off and no one would really care, and someone else posts that they have a hangnail and receive loads of sympathy. There are still some kind souls, who show concern, especially when you post something really serious like a death, but most just don't give a rat's behind, even those who are actual friends you have met in real life. They are probably too concerned about their own lives/problems. I can totally tell that some people who are on my friends list have left me out of their newsfeed, and it ticks me off if they brand me as "negative". It just so happens that my lot in life is one full of crap to deal with, not a sunny happy one full of job promotions, new house purchases, and exciting vacations....so why would I be posting about positive things if they don't exist?! It's like people only want to hear from people good things happen to, not me, I am happy for those people, but at the same time like to know that I'm not the only one with a tough row to hoe in life.