Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 2:37 pm

Last year I had connected with someone to work on a project since he had asked me if I would like to work on it. He ended up backing out on me because he did not care for my ideas but kept giving me excuses. This is while he told other people behind my back that he was not impressed with the stuff that was wanting to work on. So I took on the project on my own and have been working really hard towards it while calling him out. He kept insisting that he needed to work due to being in a financial bind. He never finished his part of the project and so I did not get to see his work. He just completely abandoned the project. He made some excuses "I will get back to you I promise."

As I have continued to work on the project I have been giving him credit for putting the idea in my head. While not communicating I know he is watching my stuff at the moment. So when I went to show him my appreciation today, I noticed that I was blocked from his timeline.

Do you think I should confront him about this? I have other sources of getting in contact.

oddlyeffective
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Aug 2014, 4:02 pm

There are many reasons he may not be responding to you, and it may be best for you to concentrate on the project and let him work out his communication problems himself. Maybe he is embarrassed he didn't do his part and doesn't want to be reminded of it. He knows how to get in touch with you if he feels you are not giving him proper credit or whatever his issue may be. It is his responsibility to deal with his own lack of social skills or emotional problems. Part of being a grown up. You carry on in peace.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2014, 10:40 pm

I had talked to someone else who I interviewed as part of the project during last year's event. She said that she noticed that he seemed very distant and more interested in doing the job.

From what I recall from last year he seemed very bossy to me but I thought was that stress from dealing with all the people.