Getting a casual/part-time job at 15 years old

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 3:19 am

I'm 15, going to be 16 in November, and a job position recently opened up.

It's a junior at a corner shop. Stuff like helping with stock, cleaning, cashier work, etc.

I'm quite the social aspie, and only come off as slightly awkward. I am nervous about trying to get this job though.

I want to get it though also. Not only would it help with confidence, but I want the money it pays obviously.

What should I do?

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 4:23 am

Go for it.

Going through the interview process will be beneficial even if you don't get the job. It will give you insight into interviews that you can use for the next time.

The worst that can happen is that you don't get the job, and that leaves you no worse than you are right now. There is no harm in trying and great benefit to you if you do end up getting the job.

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2014, 8:41 am

nerdygirl wrote:
Go for it.

Going through the interview process will be beneficial even if you don't get the job. It will give you insight into interviews that you can use for the next time.

The worst that can happen is that you don't get the job, and that leaves you no worse than you are right now. There is no harm in trying and great benefit to you if you do end up getting the job.

I agree with all of the above.

During high school, I worked temp in the shop where my mom was employed. I'd help with inventory and occasionally unloading delivery trucks. They liked me (because I could keep track of details and count, unlike their other employees :lol: ) and I was hired there full time after I graduated high school.