Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

earthmonkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Aug 2014, 3:20 pm

I'm not in school or work currently, so I'm taking a full courseload. They are great as you can watch the lectures whenever you have the time and energy (so if one day you aren't feeling good and just want to stay in bed all day, you don't miss anything, just watch them the next day!)

I'm taking 6.002x, 6.00.1x, 3.032x, 3.091x, 24.00x, and 11.126x, AKA Circuits and Electronics, Introduction to Computer Science (MIT), Mechanical Behavior of Materials, Introduction to Solid State Chemistry, Introduction to Philosophy: God, Knowledge and Consciousness, and Introduction to Game Design

I also like ANU's Exoplanets course videos. I also followed the Justice course from Harvard last year, and that one is really great too.

--G. K. Chesterton, The Aristocrat

CosmicKitten89
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Sep 2014, 2:14 am

I am!
I've already got certificates for some of those classes. I always take more classes on Edx than I can handle and then after a while some of them win out for me and I give up on the others I lost interest in. I also started 'real' school again but I dropped all but one class because too stressful, and I am studying physics and math on my own because I want to be able to follow their upcoming Effective Field Theory course.
I wish they would just give you credit for those instead of making you go to community college. I don't even have to watch the lectures for these classes!