Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Aug 2014, 9:35 pm

ive scored 110.0 on a ritvo test what does this mean

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 1:57 am

It means, that you are above cutoff at 60 - something, - in this particular test.

khanrebel
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Aug 2014, 8:50 am

Is that a bad or good thing is 60 or over enough to say as aspergers

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 9:35 am

What it means when you score above the cutoff on these tests, is that you have scored within the range that indicates you may have Asperger's/ you may be on the austism spectrum, and in one of those tests I gather that the scores are based on the scores of diagnosed people.

This is not a diagnosis, but it does indicate that if you pursued a diagnosis it may not be a waste of time but indeed may come back as confirming that you are on the spectrum.

Don't place all your belief in the test scores, however, as they are meant to be only general indications of likelihood, can be skewed by one's own tendency toward confirmation bias, and are meant only to give an rough idea as to whether it might be worthwhile getting a formal evaluation.

Personally I do think that they are indeed helpful for that.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 10:09 am

I wrote about this very topic HERE

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 2:10 pm

One test doesn´t say much. It is a vague photo of a moment. You need more tests. There are many.
Choose a number of tests and do them once a month for three months. Find an average for each, - and you could have an indication, - nothing more.

Remember, that they could show your own bias/expectations and that they won´t show if your answers are spontaneous or learned the hard way.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 2:25 pm

Even then, you will only have an inkling... not a diagnosis

Piers
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Aug 2014, 3:55 pm

The AQ test is a good indicator and still used as a base for diagnosis in most parts of the world. If you score highly on two or three self-reporting style tests then it's worth seeking a professional confirmation/diagnosis.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 4:12 pm

Feralucce, nobody on this thread is suggesting the test results are a diagnosis, not even the OP. You feel very strongly about this, I get it, but nobody here is asserting the thing you're refuting. We all know a self-test is not a diagnosis, only the beginning of an indication.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 5:02 pm

Birdinflight:For the record, I do not feel very strongly about this... There are many things that I do feel very strongly about... but this is not one of them.

I am not refuting anything - I was following jensen's statement with a statement that was in line and in agreement with that statement. The repetition that you seem opposed to (which I am uncertain as to why this is the case, but my intent is not to upset ANYone), is intended as a reminder and constructive.

The most potent tool that any autistic spectrum individual has in their arsenal is a diagnosis. That is why I state what I do...

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 5:29 pm

Your repetition seemed to be an aggressive response the like of which is normally posted when someone is suggesting something ridiculous -- like self-testing is an official diagnosis, which we all know it is not.

I felt it was overkill because, even though OF COURSE it's constructive to remind people that only an official diagnosis is the real deal and a potent tool for them to know for sure and be able to provide that information formally to anyone who requires it, it didn't seem like anyone here was trying to say the opposite.

The OP had taken a self-test and merely asked what the resulting figure meant.

Someone replied that the figure puts him in the range that indicates the result a person on the spectrum would have.

The rest of us pretty much pointed out the same thing and also pointed out that it's not a diagnosis (my own exact words, in fact, speaking for my post anyway).

I just felt like you seemed rather aggressive about making sure everyone knows this to the nth degree.

There are a few members of this site who can be very attacking to the members here who happen to identify as self-diagnosed and who state that they are content with that. Sometimes when those attacking members start onto this topic, it can seem very much like overkill and it looked to me like you were going down that route.

khanrebel
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Aug 2014, 7:00 pm

I would like to apologize to everyone on this post for being verbally aggressive

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 7:40 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
Your repetition seemed to be an aggressive response the like of which is normally posted when someone is suggesting something ridiculous -- like self-testing is an official diagnosis, which we all know it is not.

I felt it was overkill because, even though OF COURSE it's constructive to remind people that only an official diagnosis is the real deal and a potent tool for them to know for sure and be able to provide that information formally to anyone who requires it, it didn't seem like anyone here was trying to say the opposite.

The OP had taken a self-test and merely asked what the resulting figure meant.

Someone replied that the figure puts him in the range that indicates the result a person on the spectrum would have.

The rest of us pretty much pointed out the same thing and also pointed out that it's not a diagnosis (my own exact words, in fact, speaking for my post anyway).

I just felt like you seemed rather aggressive about making sure everyone knows this to the nth degree.

There are a few members of this site who can be very attacking to the members here who happen to identify as self-diagnosed and who state that they are content with that. Sometimes when those attacking members start onto this topic, it can seem very much like overkill and it looked to me like you were going down that route.

Which is why I explained myself. Please take note of the fact that I am a voceriferous autistic spectrum self advocate and write a widely read blog series called "The Care and Feeding of Your Aspie." As such, my goal has only, and always been, to help people.

You have my apology for seeming that way... however, I also feel that, in this instance, you are being overly aggressive in your statements about my behavior on the subject. Simply put, you are judging my words based on the actions and words of others, which is not appreciated - especially since that is not my intent...

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2014, 7:41 pm

khanrebel wrote:
I would like to apologize to everyone on this post for being verbally aggressive

You have, in my perception, done no such thing. It is I that is being addressed and accused of this.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2014, 12:42 am

khanrebel wrote:
KhanRebel, this has nothing to do with you. You just asked a polite question.
Just go on with your testing and collect your results systematically over a period - and ask again.