Why does it seem that no one really cares!

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

babyheart
Raven
Raven

02 Sep 2014, 10:01 am

So much sadness on this thread : (

Quote:
BearMode: If you want someone that truly cares, find something that you really enjoy doing and then try to meet new people who are similar to you. Just don't give your trust away too easily.

Good advice!

Nice poem Frodz. Thanks for sharing!

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2014, 4:46 pm

I think the reality is not as black-and-white as "they truly, totally care" or "they don't care at all". People care to various degrees, depending on their personality and your relationship with them. (For some people the degree is zero.) But they always care about themselves more than about you. Always. I think it's best to accept that and never expect someone to put your needs or desires before their own, no matter what they say. (If they ever do it can be a pleasant surprise.)

Also, feelings don't always directly translate into actions. People's minds just malfunction like that sometimes. So someone may say they care and truly mean it and still not act like it. It's something I've come to accept as a sad reality.

wavecannon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Sep 2014, 5:29 pm

There will be those out there who care for you, if not already, those who you can and will form those bonds with.

You may even never know it: a friend's former boyfriend who I met once, a year later had a chat with me on Facebook and had incredibly gushing things to say towards me. Perhaps gushing isn't a respectful enough word, but... Anyway, we've only had a few chats since but he's confided in me some extremely important things. There are several other people who I could approach with troubles I'd hide from absolutely anyone else at all costs. Generally they couldn't be bothered with my interests, even if they bring me the deepest of emotions, but those emotions themselves, and my backstories, hold-ups etc, they'll hear about or help with. I'd like to think they'd remain if I grew to be more cumbersome but there would be only one true way of finding out. This isn't intended to be a brag, rather a reassurance that you can find these people. I have confidence that a real load of people, at least in western society, lack this sort of intimacy with anyone, but it's worth nurturing as well as growing together, as assurance and fidelity can be taught in relationships.

We've all been there. All de best.

alpineglow
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2014, 8:10 pm

dianthus wrote:
Deb1970 wrote:
How can I make friends and find someone that truly cares about me?

I have the same question, and I don't know the answer. And every time I thought I found someone who really cares about me, they have betrayed me. People are out for themselves.

Dr_Cheeba wrote:
The only thing I want in this world is true love, but if I can't find that then I would rather be alone.

Same.

Same here.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2014, 12:51 am

i will accept a convincing facsimile with no seams.