Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Briareos
Raven
Raven

04 Sep 2014, 7:43 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Shave it off

Yeah, I've already tried bald....never again. Everyone was upset, including me. Judging from my father and grandfathers, I have the likelihood of retaining most of my hair for a long time. Why not enjoy it while it's good?

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
You look good either way. :)

Thanks, now I kind of wish I didn't cave in and let it grow...

auntblabby wrote:
if you are one of the fortunately manly types with actual side-face-hair, then sideburns, or if you are one of the fortunately head-hairy types with thick side head hear then you can grow faux burn down in front of your ears. my hair is down my back in a pony tail but i cannot grow appreciable facial hair to save my life.

Yeah facial hair is not a strong point in my genes, I just keep a shadow.

"If you focus on results, you won't change. If you focus on change, you'll get results."

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2014, 8:26 am

Briareos wrote:
....Judging from my father and grandfathers, I have the likelihood of retaining most of my hair for a long time. Why not enjoy it while it's good?
I believe male pattern baldness is inherited from your mum's side of the family.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2014, 10:51 am

CosmicRuss wrote:
Briareos wrote:
....Judging from my father and grandfathers, I have the likelihood of retaining most of my hair for a long time. Why not enjoy it while it's good?
I believe male pattern baldness is inherited from your mum's side of the family.

was told paternal grandmother.

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2014, 2:28 pm

I tried to make sense of the genetic explanation I found online and it seems both paternal and maternal sides have input. [In my case both sides of the family have male hair loss so I can't pick sides.] :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2014, 2:29 pm

CosmicRuss wrote:
I tried to make sense of the genetic explanation I found online and it seems both paternal and maternal sides have input. [In my case both sides of the family have male hair loss so I can't pick sides.] :lol:

at this point, if I could choose, I'd pick the baldness propensity over all the other physical ails I got. but I should be careful what I wish for 'cause I might get that ALSO.

Briareos
Raven
Raven

05 Sep 2014, 6:03 pm

CosmicRuss wrote:
Briareos wrote:
still not a huge concern, my Gido retained like 80% of his hair well into his 80s, but then he got a tumor and the kemo took it...

That's also why I said grandfathers, because I don't believe genetics is ever that one sided.

"If you focus on results, you won't change. If you focus on change, you'll get results."

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2014, 6:12 pm

Briareos wrote:
CosmicRuss wrote:
Briareos wrote:
still not a huge concern, my Gido retained like 80% of his hair well into his 80s, but then he got a tumor and the kemo took it...

That's also why I said grandfathers, because I don't believe genetics is ever that one sided.

read someplace that dihydrotestosterone is implicated in middle-aged hair loss.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 1:59 pm

@Briareos: You new hair cut suits you.