Hi - I'm new ...and what do my test results mean?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Tigurinn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Sep 2014, 10:39 am

Hi,

I'm new and I recently did the rdos test.

And I have no idea what the conclusion of the test was or could be, so hopefully someone can analyze them for me and let me know.

Quote:
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 84 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 118 of 200
You seem to have both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits

Any in more detail for the first question

Quote:
Diagnostic relation
A high score is related to AS and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
Your group score: 4.3 of 10 (average)

Does that mean average, as in "you are an average bloke amongst all the other people on the planet" or "you are an average aspie"; and I'm asking since there were a few results with below average, so I wonder what group they are measuring it against

nebrets
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 10:54 am

The numbers indicate you are more normal that atypical.

Tigurinn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Sep 2014, 11:03 am

nebrets wrote:

Thanks,

but what do neurodiverse and neurotypical mean (especially in plain English, since it's my third language)

Alyosha
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Sep 2014, 11:08 am

neurodiverse = having some kind of cognitive/mental/developmental condition, e.g. having ADHD or Autism, or OCD. neurotypical = not having any conditions what most people may call 'normal'.

nebrets
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 11:11 am

Tigurinn wrote:
nebrets wrote:

Thanks,

but what do neurodiverse and neurotypical mean (especially in plain English, since it's my third language)

Neurotypical - a person whose brain works like normal, like most people.
Neurodiverse - a person whose brain is different and may have a condition like autism, OCD, ADHD etc.

What is your native language? There are members on wrongplanet who are from other countries, perhaps if we know your preferred language we can explain it in that language.

Tigurinn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Sep 2014, 11:20 am

Could these results mean then that I'm on the autism spectrum? Would it be of any help to diagnose me further if I were to copy and paste the results from each individual 'test result'

Is there any test (preferably online and free) which could figure out for me on what levels I could have autism or does it not work like that?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 11:32 am

Tigurinn wrote:
Is there any test (preferably online and free) which could figure out for me on what levels I could have autism or does it not work like that?

Check out the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre http://www.autismresearchcentre.com/ screening tests online, especially the AQ, EQ and SQ tests. They are downloadable, printable, and self-administered and scored. The RDOS test used many of the AQ-test questions, so you will find them familiar.

Whether your scores indicate a possible ASD, or not, it is always a good idea to complete the tests if only to find where your possible characteristics exist. Good luck!

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 5:03 pm

here's a very brief test based on the criteria docs use:

www.iautistic.com/test_AS.php

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 5:18 pm

cathylynn wrote:
here's a very brief test based on the criteria docs use:

www.iautistic.com/test_AS.php

This is, indeed, a diagnostic assessment that would be used by professional diagnosticians, but it isn't intended to be self-administered. It would be helpful in combination with other tests whether self-administered or not, and gives a good description of the DSM-5 diagnostic criteria.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 4:18 pm

It doesn't matter if you're more NT than Aspie.

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)