Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 4:00 pm

Dox47 wrote:
riley wrote:
I'm really not comfortable answering specifically and I fear it would get deleted anyway. WP has been in the news before a few years ago now.. someone was posting.. "disturbing" things and it turned out he wasn't just trolling. :(

Are you referring to William Freund?
http://murderpedia.org/male.F/f/freund-william.htm

Uh oh, you broke a rule, provoking members. :lol:

I remember mentioning him years back and this got me into lot of trouble and I was told I was provoking members by bringing up a incident that may upset members. But perhaps that rule changed.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

VioletYoshi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Oct 2014, 4:28 pm

It kind of makes me nostalgic for the days where people with violent tendencies were kept out of society, instead of given a diagnoses that gained them pity from others.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 7:12 pm

Dox47 wrote:
BirdInFlight wrote:
Now we've got the general public finding L &D and thinking that's all Wrong Planet is like. Very worrying.

Given the nature of the complaint, the knowledge of the site displayed by that commenter, and the name they posted under, I'm pretty sure that's a certain disgruntled L&D regular taking advantage of the soap box, not some random person that happened to stumble in here.

Do you think anything written about that forum was inaccurate? Unbalanced, maybe, because that is only a subset, but the negative stuff can get really overwhelming and off-putting, making it hard to hear the other voices there. I go there sometimes seeing if there is someone looking for honest advice I make actually be able to help with, but as a woman it takes a thick skin just to dip a toe in.

I'm more inclined to argue that it is venting and not fully representative of how the individuals feel in real life more than I am to argue that the tone doesn't exist.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 7:18 pm

What, precisely, did y'all expect?????