Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2014, 9:52 pm

It depends, it either breaks me apart or I realise how much of an imbecile the person was to start with or somewhere along the line, somehow lost contact. It truly depends on my situation I was with the person.

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2014, 10:42 pm

This describes almost every friendship I've had. There are very few people who continue to show interest in talking to me after a while. I only have one person who isn't family that I still talk to, I don't exactly know why he continued to talk to me after all this time, but he is very similar to me; he isn't autistic, he actually believes he is a high-functioning sociopath, which I don't disagree with as many of the traits are there, just not severely enough to cause him major problems.

Other than him though, no friends to speak of. If I try to initiate a friendship with someone it dies out very quickly. If I try to keep a friendship going I am not ever successful. Some friends would even start to ignore me, and I still don't know what I did to this day. If I put myself out there socially I'm sure I'd get a lot more of this than I already have, so I usually just try to be satisfied with my own company. I talk to my younger brothers and my mom regularly, occasionally my older siblings. That's pretty much it. I'm resigned to having a pretty solitary life, and at least at this point in time it doesn't bother me too much.

- Sherlock Holmes

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2014, 11:38 pm

MehruneMath wrote:
The choice to cease communication with me is their own. After some time I'm the only one initiating contact; it's not long before they begin insulting me, or simply ignore me altogether. It's alright though as I've become quite content within my solitude.

You had offended their identity. When you do that, what I call "the punisher" algorithm is deployed by their identity.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2014, 11:57 pm

Communications of pure truth are a huge turn-off for most people, and are unwelcome.
If you refuse to tell them the lies they want to hear, then they have no use for you.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2014, 2:08 am

Waterfalls wrote:
I don't think it's about loneliness or who deserves what or people's space, it's just incredibly confusing to live in a world where for no discernible reason people shift from friendly to not speaking. And when one has been told enough how socially inept one is, one assumes it is deserved when people stop talking or get angry.

This confusion has happened for me a LOT.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2014, 3:16 am

I just happened to me again online. Oh well. Most people just stop responding without saying anything, but this one person told me she didn't wish to keep talking and said why. As always, I come off as being argumentative and she thought I don't get different views. I am not sure how to change that unless it's not expressing my own views and just be a listener only and not talk. That will solve everything and keep being shy.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.