Pretty cool dating application

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 11:01 am

I found a really really good dating app on spotify called tastebuds. Dating sites are generally useless because people dont even read profiles so as long as you dont look like the birdman of alcatraz youll be fine lol. Tastebuds matches you to people with similar tastes in music. I find this useful because my tastes are quite esoteric and I listen to mostly "head music" I also like esoteric women who are into cerebral brain stuff :-D. This means that my superb match list is probably the best starting point I could have. Spotify is huge too with millions of users, this means that the pool of potentials is much much bigger than anywhere else.

The other thing is that people with my taste in music tend to be just a little bit aspie XD. Its very difficult to find someone who loves Bebop Soul Prog Experimental Rock Bass music Garage Classical Fusion.... who isn't higher up on the spectrum than most.

EDIT: You access the app through the spotify app lists. It creates matches based on your playlists but you can make your own

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 11:20 am

Sounds like a pretty cool app...but I don't think it'd work too good for me as I primarily listen to video game music, which isn't exactly the most popular genre of music

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 11:22 am

newageretrohippie wrote:
Sounds like a pretty cool app...but I don't think it'd work too good for me as I primarily listen to video game music, which isn't exactly the most popular genre of music

Couldnt you just add your favourite videogame composers?

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2014, 11:26 am

^ lol that's awesome for you. The more obscure your tastes the better with something like this. If you just listen to pop then youll end up with all the party happy NT's. The further from the beaten path you go the more interesting the people get and probably the more aspie tendencies start to emerge.