Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 7:36 am

Speaking to a woman (31 whoop my favourite age range 8)) and she used x in the content of her message and was first to do so, should I respond reciprocally and is it in any way significant like is it a stage? This is all so complex...

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 8:00 am

Depends on the context. Where did she use "x"? It might be a little kiss, actually.

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 8:40 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Depends on the context. Where did she use "x"? It might be a little kiss, actually.

was at the end of the message

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 8:49 am

I believe it was a little kiss, then, meant to be a shy, feminine kiss.

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 9:12 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I believe it was a little kiss, then, meant to be a shy, feminine kiss.

Ok so I obviously x back but is it some kind of signifier? Am I expected to do something? Man this is juvenile stuff but I dont want to do something that violates some unwritten law

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 9:24 am

It's just a damn x.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 9:31 am

Just write her back something nice. Men aren't supposed to use the "x." It's a feminine thing.

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 9:48 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
It's just a damn x.

yep it is but I was going to use it back and kk says its feminine >.> there are rules and conventions for everything, in this context all the previous messages were non x then after I showed her some music of mine suddenly its bisoux pour tu. Under any other circumstances I wouldnt really give it much thought but its the context that makes me pause a little.

http://theguyliner.wordpress.com/2014/0 ... minefield/

apparently nt's struggle with it too

Quote:
What?s even more confusing is when historically you have been having a non-x conversation and suddenly there it is: an x, maybe two, on the end of the incoming message. You respond, only to find the next text is missing its closing smooch. I mean, it?s like nobody wants us to have good mental health, isn?t it? We can?t win.

:lol:

KK where did you hear its feminine??

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 11:53 am

I suppose it is something that women do, rather than men. And it really doesn't mean anything. My hairdresser ends texts to me with x, as does the woman I pay to look after my cats when I'm on holiday.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 12:44 pm

Even SEXting means nothing; not even a guarantee of short term thing.

The only thing in dating that means something: 2nd date and forward; and her desire of wanting to sleep with you for real.

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 1:08 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Even SEXting means nothing; not even a guarantee of short term thing.

The only thing in dating that means something: 2nd date and forward; and her desire of wanting to sleep with you for real.

I know I know im just trying to make sure I at least dont commit some faux pas before thats even a remote possibility.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 3:07 pm

It's just an x.
Any other meaning for that x depends on a ton of other stuff.
NTs will claim it either way depending on how things turn out later. It has no meaning yet.
Mostly it currently means she doesn't hate you yet, so you're way ahead of the game, so far. Gratz you! =)

(Never know what it'll mean in five minutes though)

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 3:24 pm

1401b wrote:
It's just an x.
Any other meaning for that x depends on a ton of other stuff.
NTs will claim it either way depending on how things turn out later. It has no meaning yet.
Mostly it currently means she doesn't hate you yet, so you're way ahead of the game, so far. Gratz you! =)

(Never know what it'll mean in five minutes though)

Right so polite thing is to x back?

If only I could say I have AS so dont take it too badly if I offend you. I probably had no idea what I was doing.

EDIT: Lol at me focusing in on the tiny details and not seeing the big picture :roll:

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 4:53 pm

argh I hate it when people do that, its so awkward about what to do back, whether to not x and appear cold and aloof but not look a fool.

I had an ebayer send kisses repeatedly in her messages but I could not bear to reciprocate (being the cold unfriendly aspie that I am lol), when I met her (I was arranging to pick up item) she was a fierce burley woman which her girlish messages did not reflect, nts are so funny.

Worse was this TA at my daughters school who used to touch me too much when I visited the school such as rubbing my arms and hugging me, I felt SO awkward! I had to choose to act cold and risk being unfriendly as i thought if I touched back, how would I know where to end it and not have it escalate! It would be really weird to stroke her back, I just wish these kissey friendly people would realise the pain they were creating with their affectionate conundrums lol

Be wary not to over interpret here though as I made a fool of myself about 10 years ago when a man I met at a political meeting, (who I had a crush on) signed his emails love xx, and so I thought he liked me and asked him out, but he was just doing signing off in that way automatically and did not mean anything by it.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 4:56 pm

I agree with Boo here: it's just an 'x'.
You can respond back with a casual: Talk to you soon x

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2014, 5:00 pm

lotusblossom wrote:
argh I hate it when people do that, its so awkward about what to do back, whether to not x and appear cold and aloof but not look a fool.

I had an ebayer send kisses repeatedly in her messages but I could not bear to reciprocate (being the cold unfriendly aspie that I am lol), when I met her (I was arranging to pick up item) she was a fierce burley woman which her girlish messages did not reflect, nts are so funny.

Worse was this TA at my daughters school who used to touch me too much when I visited the school such as rubbing my arms and hugging me, I felt SO awkward! I had to choose to act cold and risk being unfriendly as i thought if I touched back, how would I know where to end it and not have it escalate! It would be really weird to stroke her back, I just wish these kissey friendly people would realise the pain they were creating with their affectionate conundrums lol

Be wary not to over interpret here though as I made a fool of myself about 10 years ago when a man I met at a political meeting, (who I had a crush on) signed his emails love xx, and so I thought he liked me and asked him out, but he was just doing signing off in that way automatically and did not mean anything by it.

Im not the only one :D !