Where were you when the towers fell?

Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ccallahan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Sep 2014, 12:15 pm

I was at home, watching The Early Show. There was breaking news, and then a few minutes later the second plane hit.

Senior Operator on the WP.net Chatroom
http://wrongplanet.net/autism-chat-room/
irc://irc.freenode.net/#wrongplanet

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2014, 12:44 pm

i was in a lab at school. soon after, they sent us home.

RedStar98
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Sep 2014, 1:03 pm

I was 3 years old, at a farm park with my parents, I do remember it being on the television though

Lucywlf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Sep 2014, 1:39 pm

My boys were nearly a year old, and we were getting them ready for a shopping trip. My husband turned on the TV, which we always kept on PBS. That morning, I told him I was bored and I wanted him to change the channel. That's when we saw first tower burning. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The newspeople were discussing how it was probably and accident when the second plane flew in.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2014, 1:58 pm

5th grade homeroom spacing out as usual.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

pluto
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2014, 2:11 pm

I was work when it came on the radio.At first everyone thought there had been an accident and a light private plane had crashed but then the full horror struck when it became clear what was taking place.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2014, 2:29 pm

I was 11 years old at school. A message came over the announcement system explaining what happened.

Before school, I was watching TV at home while eating breakfast when the second plane hit the World Trade Center live on TV.

Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2014, 2:36 pm

I was in my first year anthropology lecture at university. The professor said "I know we'd all like to talk about what's going on in the States, but if we could hold off for now to get through the lecture." I had no idea anything was happening up until that moment.

--Aldous Huxley

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2014, 3:51 pm

I was living in Kingston, NY at the time. I'd worked nights so I'd only been home for a few hours sleeping. My friend called me and told me a planed slammed into the first tower. I didn't believe it, thought he was joking, and went back to sleep. I couldn't verify it anyway because I didn't have a TV at the time. He called me back and told me it really happened. Since he seemed so earnest about it I put on my clothes and walked a few blocks to a neighbourhood bar. Sure enough, there it was. People were watching in awe after the second tower was hit. I couldn't believe my eyes. There were people leaping out of the tower from the 65th floor! What a tragic day. It will never be forgotten.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2014, 4:19 pm

Driving along North Street in Chellmsford MA when the first tower was hit. My initial reaction was -- bad luck. When I head the second tower was hit my immediate reaction --- Bin Laden!! ! Lets nuke Meccha.

Occidite eos omnes, scire Deum suum

Last edited by ruveyn on 11 Sep 2014, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2014, 4:38 pm

At school....and since then plenty of other bad senerios where lots of people died have taken place, in the U.S mostly shooting sprees but I think in a lot of the rest of the world they are dealing with more consistent violence, and risks to their lives on a daily basis than in the U.S. So looking back I do feel a little guilty about some of my thinking after that occurred. I mean it was a terrible thing and I had good reason to be bothered by it since blowing up a building/plane full of people is a pretty horrid thing to do....But what about the rest of the world where violence and even bombings and such are more common occurrences and then since then finding out in a lot of ways the U.S has contributed to some current problems and thus some of the violence elsewhere in the world...so just not sure how to feel about it any more aside from that it was f****d up.

alex
Developer
Developer

11 Sep 2014, 4:39 pm

French class. The morning announcements just finished on the TV and it switched to live TV and we didn't turn it off.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2014, 5:54 pm

alex wrote:
French class. The morning announcements just finished on the TV and it switched to live TV and we didn't turn it off.

It was a bad day in Black Rock.

God Damn It. It was the first time cried in 20 years.

ruveyn

alpineglow
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2014, 5:59 pm

Sitting on my chair, breastfeeding my little one, and crying.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2014, 6:54 pm

just awoken from my abbreviate sleep after the night shift, I groggily stared at the CNN repeatedly playing the scene, sorta numb and less than fully comprehending. took it a while to sink in that it really happened then I knew everything would be different from then on.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2014, 6:55 pm

i was 4 years old. i was eating breakfast in the apartment where i used to live.

mom was watching Despierta América when the tv flipped automatically to the news. that's all she can remember-i can't.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.