Why are so many on here married or have boy/girl friends?

Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Charloz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Sep 2014, 10:33 am

Male, 22 (almost 23) here. Have gotten engaged about a year ago and planning to get married within two years when we are able to afford a good wedding ceremony and honeymoon. In the past I have been able to rather effortlessly 'get involved' with girls, but I never had an actual relationship before my current one. Making any form of lasting relationship, whether it be a friendship or a sexual relationship, always was very hard for me so it was always short-lived. Then I got lucky and met the right lady, but it still feels like I somehow won the lottery and it was a one in a million shot, to be entirely honest.

llee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Sep 2014, 3:41 pm

NiceCupOfTea wrote:
dating sites just seem like meat markets to me. I would have to lie through my back teeth to have a presentable ad, and I'm not prepared to do that.

You're right with the meat market. They're like a supermarket and can be viewed as awful places, but you're wrong about having to lie to get anywhere.

I have some experience with pof and at one time my description was really bad because of depression but it didn't stop someone messaging me because she liked my pictures. We dated soon after that and she was fantastic. Best person I could ever hope to meet. We're not together any more but that's my fault.

I knew one girl who was a bit overweight, not the best looking to be fair and she got more messages in one month than I ever got. Women get attention on there even if they have no picture (I know, I did an experiment with a fake account) so no, you don't even have to try.

Edit: Forgot to say something else :) Hopefully, it's on point.

I thought it was a bit insensitive for Alex to have pictures of him at the top of the forum index with his arms around 2 attractive women. People who see themselves as foreveralones will be affected by seeing that every time they visit the forum.