Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ritualdrama
Toucan
Toucan

14 Sep 2014, 1:52 pm

There was a girl I hung out with a couple times and I only hung out with her the first time because she wanted to get a free tattoo from me. Which I did end up giving her. Then she hadn't got ahold of me in a long time and randomly because she was making a birthday flier (for herself) and wanted to use my photoshop. I felt like she was using me so I told her that I didn't have it anymore. I hardly knew this girl. I pissed her off and she had nothing else on me so she decided to try to make me feel bad by saying, "Don't have it anymore? I hope you're greatful for living at home and having luxuries!!" After that I didn't talk to her again. Even now I want to confront her and tell her that she's so full of herself and aren't your friends supposed to make the birthday flier for you?

http://bit.ly/1L29X77

Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2014, 6:47 am

i wouldn't necessarily say she "used" you. i mean, the sole basis of your friendship was you had things she wanted, so, yes, you COULD, but it doesn't mean she doesn't value your friendship. it's a two way street, if you asked her for something, like, iono, advice, help moving, it's possible she'd do so.

404nf
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2014, 8:30 am

ritualdrama wrote:
There was a girl I hung out with a couple times and I only hung out with her the first time because she wanted to get a free tattoo from me. Which I did end up giving her. Then she hadn't got ahold of me in a long time and randomly because she was making a birthday flier (for herself) and wanted to use my photoshop. I felt like she was using me so I told her that I didn't have it anymore. I hardly knew this girl. I pissed her off and she had nothing else on me so she decided to try to make me feel bad by saying, "Don't have it anymore? I hope you're greatful for living at home and having luxuries!!" After that I didn't talk to her again. Even now I want to confront her and tell her that she's so full of herself and aren't your friends supposed to make the birthday flier for you?

In my experience, if the sole reason for initiation of a relationship with someone is them wanting something you are capable of providing, and they don't want to have to pay for it, then that relationship isn't going to be very beneficial to you. You gave her a free tattoo, what did you get in return? I don't think you got anything, or maybe she felt she was doing you a favor by letting you hang out with her, because some people are indeed full of it. And then she wants to use your computer for something(which, I guess, she could have hired someone to do for her or went to an internet cafe and get it done there, but she didn't want to pay for it I guess), and when you politely deny her request, she says that crap to you. I mean, what even. She sounds like someone who thinks you owe her something, or that access to your stuff is her birth-right. I've had such people use me for stuff before, and I can tell you, they wouldn't ever return the favor. I once designed a website for someone for free, and if they had went to a professional to get it done, it would have cost them hundreds of dollars. After some time, I asked them for some help related to their field of expertise, and they promptly produced a price sheet for me. Such people aren't worth the time or the effort.