thread on unusual/psychic experiences among aspies

Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2007, 6:22 pm

Informatik wrote:
To answer the first questions, yes--but I describe it differently, as energy.

And to follow-up with the latest remarks regarding Science. Science is not like a brick. It's like a stream. And I'm not being poetic. Even those who practice Science know to not relate to its laws like their the foundation of a house. They're the foundation of theories. The best scientists proceed on what is known, but are always ready for the unknown.

Would anyone seriously argue that radio waves didn't exist because we hadn't yet created instruments that detected them and words to describe them?

Theories, like words, convey information but leave information tons of information out.

But back to the beginning. I think I have often used "energy" to read people, which I then translated into social conventions. This is how I was able to "pass" in neurotypical society for so long. And I think it is also why I detest liars. I can tell pretty quickly when someone's energy doesn't match what they're saying or doing. It pisses me off. I don't always know what they're lying about, for example, but I can tell something's "off".

Not scientific? Not yet. We don't have the words and theories that allow us to make predictions, and test hypotheses. But, um, I'm working on it, lol (a *lot* of people are working on this kind of thing).

:)

-jmv

Agreed. I tend to view it all in terms of energy... I posted about this on another thread, but... we are energy, emotions, thoughts, ideas are energy...energy can move...energy does not die. You get the idea.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2007, 10:19 pm

No.

I can feel energy and vibes and that's about it. Mum's seen things, though.

Quote:
I disapprove of this show of anti-science and superstition.

It's the 21st century, not the Dark Ages.

Open your mind or kiss my arse. If you're allowed to express your narrow minded opinions, let others discuss their open minded ones.

AspieDoug
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Mar 2007, 8:07 pm

Yeah, it looks like this is indeed the wrong planet for me. :evil: I thought I'd be at home around other Aspies.... :roll:

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Mar 2007, 8:50 pm

I've seen lots of ghosts, and no, they weren't hallucinations. In fact, there was usually someone else with me and they saw the same thing. Once I was about to enter my house with my teen-age daughter and her friend, when I noticed that someone had left their dog in a parked car. I started to get indignant about it, because it was a cold night, when I realized that I could see through the dog, and that his eyes glowed. He looked awfully sad, though. I gasped, and then sort of sped up to get inside the house. When we were all inside, I realized that my daughter and her friend were equally freaked out. I asked if they'd seen what I had, and they said yes.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2007, 9:47 pm

I've taken each psycic experience as a blessing. Some of them were good, some of them were sticky, but I've seen them all as blessings.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2007, 9:59 pm

I grew up in a house with a ghost. It could be heard walking up and down the stairs, in the morning it would call my name to wake me. Sometimes on the stairs I walked through it, a very cold spot. Everyone in the house had the same with it.

One night my aunt had a talk with it. Going up and down the stairs at night woke her, she though it was one of the kids, so she asked it to stop during the quite part of the night. It did. The house had sat empty for years, no one would live there, so the price was right. When I told my aunt what I had heard and felt, she said it was the ghost of someone who used to live there, and they just kept going. I was little so that was good enough. It was not till years later that I learned that not all houses had ghosts.

Thirty years later I told the story, a young woman did not believe me, so I took her to the house, she did want to see the old place, she made it half way up the stairs, got very cold, turned and headed for the car. She would never enter that house again.

She was very scientific, a nurse, and I did ask about being with people when they died. She admitted that some leave and spread a joyous feeling, and others darkness and hate, anger, evil. She worked emergency, people she knew, some she worked with, some just an hour before, came in beyond repair. She said she could just look and see if anyone was still there.

Since then I have seen many spirits, some were human, some other. The world is filled. I like the other. There are a lot of lost humans, they really do not belong. Every culture reports on the rest and has through recorded time. I see a strange conflict between people who claim they are going to the world of the spirit, and their reaction to the fact that it exists.

There is audio, video, stills, and the testamony of thousands, it is in all Sacred Writings, it is a school of art. All science traces back to Alchemey and the spirits were deeply involved. Deamon is old Greek, a spirit that brings gifts from the gods. Many cultures attribute all of their art and wisdom to spirit gifts.

Edison patented a machine for speaking to the spirit world. Every culture has held the Seer, Visier, Sage, Shaman, Medicine Chief, Wizard, in high regard. Many have been given visions of the future. Nostradamas, Edgar Cayce, Tesla, yet now they should all be Dxed and discredited? They produced the world in which you live.

As usual, given the choice between a Universe rich in magic, or the narrow view of some human, I am Universe, and I will see you in the after life, for energy can be neither created or destroyed. The Verdas speak of a time when the Great Souls will again come in to the flesh, the flowering at the end of an age.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2007, 10:25 pm

We had a stain shaped like a body on a wall of the ballroom (don't know what else to call it) in the house that I spent my tween years in. I was certain that that house was haunted. There were weird things in the basement (under the concrete - but they moved around and I could see them). It somehow connected to another house, one that exists only in my head, but where I may be destined.

My Nona saw the Virgin Mary in the outhouse

My cousin saw the Easter Bunny (when she was about 11 or so).

I suspect my whole family is seriously cracked. No, strike that, I know it.

Not really psychic (but I haven't seen anything else on the subject) we did all see
a UFO whilst in Venezuala. Every one of us remembers this huge orange ball descending from the sky, hovering, and then speeding off in another direction. There were people all over the streets, shouting "Mira, Mira," and all the dogs were barking at it. There was no mention in the paper (which would have been expected if it was a weather balloon - which upon seeing films of it certainly seems unlikely - this thing was HUGE). It could have been some sort of mass hallucination, but I don't know that dogs get affected by that. Anyhow, my folks mentioned it to a ship's captain that we knew, and he and a couple of the crew affirmed that THEY had seen such things a number of times, in the Carribean, as had other sailors they talked to. No idea what it was (hence UFO) but really weird.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 1:28 am

Inventor wrote:
I grew up in a house with a ghost. It could be heard walking up and down the stairs, in the morning it would call my name to wake me. Sometimes on the stairs I walked through it, a very cold spot. Everyone in the house had the same with it.

One night my aunt had a talk with it. Going up and down the stairs at night woke her, she though it was one of the kids, so she asked it to stop during the quite part of the night. It did. The house had sat empty for years, no one would live there, so the price was right. When I told my aunt what I had heard and felt, she said it was the ghost of someone who used to live there, and they just kept going. I was little so that was good enough. It was not till years later that I learned that not all houses had ghosts.

Thirty years later I told the story, a young woman did not believe me, so I took her to the house, she did want to see the old place, she made it half way up the stairs, got very cold, turned and headed for the car. She would never enter that house again.

She was very scientific, a nurse, and I did ask about being with people when they died. She admitted that some leave and spread a joyous feeling, and others darkness and hate, anger, evil. She worked emergency, people she knew, some she worked with, some just an hour before, came in beyond repair. She said she could just look and see if anyone was still there.

Since then I have seen many spirits, some were human, some other. The world is filled. I like the other. There are a lot of lost humans, they really do not belong. Every culture reports on the rest and has through recorded time. I see a strange conflict between people who claim they are going to the world of the spirit, and their reaction to the fact that it exists.

There is audio, video, stills, and the testamony of thousands, it is in all Sacred Writings, it is a school of art. All science traces back to Alchemey and the spirits were deeply involved. Deamon is old Greek, a spirit that brings gifts from the gods. Many cultures attribute all of their art and wisdom to spirit gifts.

Edison patented a machine for speaking to the spirit world. Every culture has held the Seer, Visier, Sage, Shaman, Medicine Chief, Wizard, in high regard. Many have been given visions of the future. Nostradamas, Edgar Cayce, Tesla, yet now they should all be Dxed and discredited? They produced the world in which you live.

As usual, given the choice between a Universe rich in magic, or the narrow view of some human, I am Universe, and I will see you in the after life, for energy can be neither created or destroyed. The Verdas speak of a time when the Great Souls will again come in to the flesh, the flowering at the end of an age.

Very interesting, I am glad you keep an open mind to it... I find Cayce especially very interesting. Did you ever question it all? Did you ever just give up believing in such things because you could not simply accept them and accept that you would not find total, logical understanding? Even after many experiences and spirit communication myself, I still, for some reason, cannot totally believe...maybe this is a good thing. I was told that it was better to have a spirit communicator who didn't totally believe than one who believed everything and anything. I gave it all up anyway as I wanted to understand everything... what happens after, where we go, how it all connects etc etc.

I started a debate once in a spiritual chat room where I moderated and tied everyone in knots by asking whether people thought the spirit and the soul are the same thing or different...some believe the soul is the part that learns things from many lives, with the spirit being the personality of each individual incarnation. Others think they are the same. Everyone else couldn't understand why I had to know the answer and why I couldn't simply accept without question.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 4:10 am

I think the Egyptians knew that as the Ba and the Ka. I have the Book of the Dead but will just wing it for now. The body is a shell that houses both. The Ba is personality, not very useful in an immortal sense. The Ka is immortal, the gift of life, the dead do not need it. Going before the gods the Ka is weighed against a feather. if evil has been done, it will weigh more than the feather. In that case the Ba is eaten by the crocidile god, and personality dies. The Ka is purified and given back to creation.

If the Ba is spared for protecting the Ka, being just, it continues to exist in the underworld where it will gather with all who have gone before, the body is preserved for the Ba at some time might reuse it. The possibility of getting a new Ka, and being returned as the same personality. A lot of Egypt was secret knowledge. Some point out the priests made a good living.

The sumarians thought the personality went below ground, then slowly faded over time. Without proper burial rites a departed could become angry and return. The dead were taken out feet first, turned around several times, then to a cross roads, turned again, then buried. This was lower class death. The Blackhaired people. The upper class, the gods, had other customs, when a person of high rank died, all of their court joined them in death, dressed in their finest. Vikings had a simular custom. They said they would be reborn together. Both have roots in the Aryan upper class. As does India.

The Greeks thought the dead continued underground, for a term, then crossed the River Leathe(forgetfulness) and were then reborn. They noticed that many children seemed to have nothing to do with their parents, upbringing, but came with an identity of their own.

The Tibetians would agree with most, but place the time at forty days, if all goes well. Forty days in the void with peaceful and wrathful spirits. The wrathful can destroy with fear, or any emotion, and grab hold, and drag the soul down, then it will be reborn at a low state, and will have to gain Karma through many lifetimes to again be born human.

The peaceful can raise it up and spare for now rebirth. Most will pass through the void and be draw to couples copulating, be drawn in, then reborn. Keeping the soul and personality together is considered good. When an enlightened one dies, they figure the time, chart the births, and when the child is four of five place before it five bowls, prayer beads, and robes. Chosing the right ones proves who they are, and they go with the monks.

Above the common souls, are monks who work to raise the world. They chose to be reborn, even when their Karma would free them from the wheel for a while. Other souls are only reborn at long intervals, they do the same work at a higher level. Bodesatvas, Canidates for Buddahood may return once every seven hundred years, or chose to be reborn over and over. At the end of an age many will be reborn at the same time. Each is made of several parts, a personality, an overself, Atman, which is in turn connected to Universal energy, godhead. god is an impersonal force.

Due to a lack of spiritual training in the west, many just wander about after death. No Angel shows up with a harp and halo. They seem to be lost in the void. They show up as walkins. A person has a near death experance, and leaves the body, someone else step in. The body recovers, but now has a new voice, gait, and does not recognise family. They get claimed, relearn family, but are not the same person. Several of the most famous inventors fit this profile. Wives report, they seem the same, but different, it is like having sex with a stranger. I never heard of any refusing. I would think stronger souls seek walkin shots at getting back in the game.

Cayce went to sleep, someone else spoke through him. Walkin. He also had a near death experance. Then became the Cayce we know.

Phyics says energy cannot be destroyed. Bodies die quickly, in an instant, when something leaves. There are ghosts, lost souls that stay in one place, those who lacking direction just wander, those who inhabit the living, some good some bad. Walkins rarely report their last address, their identity and past forgotten, yet voice, manerisms, gait, continue, and the bodies memory is gone. For some reason they speak current english, never heard of a french one showing up, but many who forgot how to speak for a while, Cayce.

The familier, the ally, the one you can ask questions of, has been around for a long time. Strong people can converse, those near death be replaced, and the weak taken over. Some of the weak have been turned into a party place.

Evil does seem to attract evil. Serial killers who confess seem incapable of their crimes, and report them as an observer would. Some uneducated ugly guy with a junker, got thirty five young women to get in his car and ride to their death. I am richer, better looking, smarter, and I cannot get a lunch date in a public place.

There is good, there is evil, there is life, death, and more loose ends than I can shake a stick at.

Aspies do not have multiable personalities, except me, but I am a writer and it is just a job. None of them get to stay. Aspies do have range, much wider than NTs. It helps for writing, one scene, five people, different ages, sexes, interacting around some idea, some plain, some with other motives, and all this fits in a chapter that connect to the one before and the one after. From beginning to end 300 pages, and readers will spot any errors.

When I started I had a hard time filling a page. Now I can knock out 300-500 page ideas. After a lifetime of reading the tide turned. That is my old life, now I just hang out on WP. I never knew there were people like me, but here you all are. I keep saying I will get back to work, and keep hanging out.

Cheerlessleader
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 5:00 am

Sometimes I unknowingly predict what episode of The Simpsons will be on tv. I start thinking of a scene from a partucular episode and then later it will be on tv!
I think I also predicted the death of one of my friends from school. Lare December 2003 I had a dream that my parents had drowned, and it was Christmas day (no one said it was, I just knew somehow). Then a few weeks after school started, I found out that my friend had drowned in a friend's swimming pool- ON CHRISTMAS! Spooky, huh?
I think I just predicted another death- I had a dream a few days ago that is VERY hard to describe, I'll just say it left me with the message that someone I know will die just before their next birthday, but I have no idea who it will be.
I'm so morbid :roll:

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 8:23 am

As some of you have said, I don't know how to categorize these 'happenings'.

My mum for several years when I was around 10 years old would 'know' that a relative was calling on the phone when it rang. She'd say 'oh, that's so-and-so and it's bad news'. And she'd be spot on. Years later she had terminal cancer, and asked me to sort through her personal things she wanted to leave in her will. I opened a jewelry box, and it was full of ladie's watches. I asked wot's this? She answered, 'them's the watches that stopped. Can't wear one for very long 'cept it stops dead.' Mind you, this was back in the day of wind-up watches, so they must've gotten magnetized. Sometimes I get a 'feeling' about a place.
I had a government job once, and our supply storage building was quite old, and gave me the creeps. I mentioned this to a fellow employee and they said it had been a lunatic asylum long ago. From then on, I went in and got what was needed, and exited quickly.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 12:05 am

My ex took these, using a digital slr with an red filter over the lens. He is the scientist of the two of us...highly logical, non smoker, questions everything and I don't think he came up with an explanation. No one else was in the graveyard, clear conditions, not a prank, went there soon after myself, and nothing anomalous came out in my shots. I post these for curiosity factor and as unusual photographs.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 12:08 am

Graelwyn wrote:
My ex took these, using a digital slr with an red filter over the lens. He is the scientist of the two of us...highly logical, non smoker, questions everything and I don't think he came up with an explanation. No one else was in the graveyard, clear conditions, not a prank, went there soon after myself, and nothing anomalous came out in my shots. I post these for curiosity factor and as unusual photographs.

Is he good at taking pictures?

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 12:10 am

Um, he is semi professional, lol and has been doing photography for 20 years or so now. These are not examples of photography so much as testing out his red filter. I don't think he expected this to happen. It was testing.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 3:41 am

Worked photography for many years. My speciality was corrective printing. When you had to get a print, no matter what, see me.

I have seen this problem before. It happens to professionals all the time, some pictures come out with partially fogged film, and the rest are perfect. I told them it was a discharge of static, as the strobe has a charge, they are walking on carpet, and a spark discharges with the camera just as the mirror flips up.

It was enough of a story they could sleep at night. Why it happened to have the outline of another person standing with the group? It might have been a reflection off of swamp gas. I had no problem with an extra person standing in the picture. But the photographer was not going to show it to the customer. No way.

Well I was paid well to remove them, well enough that I often removed everyone except the people they stood with, and made a print to thier image, over exposing the rest. Detail improved. Facial features became more apparent.

Film will spark. The old 120 rolls were held on the paper roll with tape. as it came off it made electric blue, and fogged close film. The art was a slow peel, holding the film under the thumb of the left hand. It made a solid gray cloud. Light leaks from the camara back are on the edge, with maybe some streaks rising higher, and will change if the camera is squeezed, flexing the back.

Sometimes mirrors, or crystals will bounce the flash back into the lens. It forms a gray to black spot. Fogged film just turns gray, light bounced into the lens makes a highlight, the eyes do it. No form of it makes an image. Yet images keep showing up.

Fogging would make an over solid image, but these you can see through. It was good for me because I could not just cut them out, I had to restore the background. In general I just darkened the area, and the rest of the background, and blended them out.

Film has a limited spectrum. We call it visible light, the ends are Infrared, and Ultra Violet. They make Infrared film, it has a different focal length, some lenses are marked, what you see plus this much. You focus on what you can see, adjust, and the film sees what you cannot. It can see heat. The lens will focus heat?

Dogs for one have a much wider range of hearing and smell than we do, I have been told they see in black and white, but they see things we do not. Cats are always watching things we cannot see. Birds of prey see a rabbit a mile away? That is not in plain sight? Owls hunt at night? They are not using things the way we do.

For a study of Optics and light you have to go back to Newton. In his era visible light was all of the EM Spectrum, he considered heat another force. The world tinkered till Tesla brought some order, but I do not think he thought radio waves to be related to light.

Being as we now know everything, there is no more to research. Digital cameras are right on, their blue is 440 cps, which is A on the musical scale, but the two are in no way related, even if A and Blue give you the same feeling. Waves of various types have nothing to do with us. I know this is true because scientists say so.

What do you want, Mental Health Professionals who say, you should wear red to balance you harmonics, and here are some color swatches to repaint your home, and some CDs of tones that will resonate well with your thought patterns? Next you will want a field resonater that cancels all incoming waves, so you can live in a neutral field.

I do not care about your stories about when the power died, and suddenly you went almost limp and felt great relaxation, and like you took off a backpack you had been carrying forever. That has nothing to do with science. You only thought you were suddenly cured of all your symtoms and happy again, the power is back on, and your medication dosage needs to be raised.

You say you dream in color, even have color images when you think. Well top scientists had people vote and they said they dream rarely, and in black and white, and never see things when they think. You claim to see pictures when you read books, when picture are to be seen they will be in the book.

You are having dilusions and hallicinations, you need professional help. You may have AS.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2007, 3:51 am

Inventor wrote:
Worked photography for many years. My speciality was corrective printing. When you had to get a print, no matter what, see me.

I have seen this problem before. It happens to professionals all the time, some pictures come out with partially fogged film, and the rest are perfect. I told them it was a discharge of static, as the strobe has a charge, they are walking on carpet, and a spark discharges with the camera just as the mirror flips up.

It was enough of a story they could sleep at night. Why it happened to have the outline of another person standing with the group? It might have been a reflection off of swamp gas. I had no problem with an extra person standing in the picture. But the photographer was not going to show it to the customer. No way.

Well I was paid well to remove them, well enough that I often removed everyone except the people they stood with, and made a print to thier image, over exposing the rest. Detail improved. Facial features became more apparent.

Film will spark. The old 120 rolls were held on the paper roll with tape. as it came off it made electric blue, and fogged close film. The art was a slow peel, holding the film under the thumb of the left hand. It made a solid gray cloud. Light leaks from the camara back are on the edge, with maybe some streaks rising higher, and will change if the camera is squeezed, flexing the back.

Sometimes mirrors, or crystals will bounce the flash back into the lens. It forms a gray to black spot. Fogged film just turns gray, light bounced into the lens makes a highlight, the eyes do it. No form of it makes an image. Yet images keep showing up.

Fogging would make an over solid image, but these you can see through. It was good for me because I could not just cut them out, I had to restore the background. In general I just darkened the area, and the rest of the background, and blended them out.

Film has a limited spectrum. We call it visible light, the ends are Infrared, and Ultra Violet. They make Infrared film, it has a different focal length, some lenses are marked, what you see plus this much. You focus on what you can see, adjust, and the film sees what you cannot. It can see heat. The lens will focus heat?

Dogs for one have a much wider range of hearing and smell than we do, I have been told they see in black and white, but they see things we do not. Cats are always watching things we cannot see. Birds of prey see a rabbit a mile away? That is not in plain sight? Owls hunt at night? They are not using things the way we do.

For a study of Optics and light you have to go back to Newton. In his era visible light was all of the EM Spectrum, he considered heat another force. The world tinkered till Tesla brought some order, but I do not think he thought radio waves to be related to light.

Being as we now know everything, there is no more to research. Digital cameras are right on, their blue is 440 cps, which is A on the musical scale, but the two are in no way related, even if A and Blue give you the same feeling. Waves of various types have nothing to do with us. I know this is true because scientists say so.

What do you want, Mental Health Professionals who say, you should wear red to balance you harmonics, and here are some color swatches to repaint your home, and some CDs of tones that will resonate well with your thought patterns? Next you will want a field resonater that cancels all incoming waves, so you can live in a neutral field.

I do not care about your stories about when the power died, and suddenly you went almost limp and felt great relaxation, and like you took off a backpack you had been carrying forever. That has nothing to do with science. You only thought you were suddenly cured of all your symtoms and happy again, the power is back on, and your medication dosage needs to be raised.

You say you dream in color, even have color images when you think. Well top scientists had people vote and they said they dream rarely, and in black and white, and never see things when they think. You claim to see pictures when you read books, when picture are to be seen they will be in the book.

You are having dilusions and hallicinations, you need professional help. You may have AS.

Sorry, this wasn't film...it was a top end digital slr, so that doesn't work. He would have considered that had he used film, I am sure, since he usually covered every logical possibility. I am also a photographer myself and so am familiar with all you say and already would have considered it myself...were it film. There is a thread of my photographic work in the art section on this forum.

Last edited by Graelwyn on 16 Mar 2007, 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.