Blog entry defending Stapleton attempted murder down players

Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 24,921
Location: Pacific Northwest

10 Oct 2014, 11:21 am

WelcomeToHolland wrote:
PlainsAspie wrote:
This multi-millionaire just needed more services, right?


Kelli Stapleton's family was relying on their insurance to pay and according to her, the insurance cut them off so her daughter couldn't finish some programs she started, and her daughter wasn't welcome at the school... Regardless of what services she finally got, according to her, there was a lack of services when her daughter was younger. It seems logical to assume had she received services at a younger age, things may never have gotten this bad. I suppose it's possible she was lying or that preventative services still wouldn't have helped... But that's how one (not you but some other people) could conclude more services would have helped.

This multi-millionaire had enough money to pay for it herself- and she did. This, however, makes me wonder about social services- this boy had all of his blood drained and put back in, and was given chemotherapy for no reason. How did nobody notice?! Somewhere along the line, other people failed to report child abuse and/or social services failed to do anything about it. (IMHO)



What child abuse do people keep talking about? The attempted murder?

What boy? Or is this another story you're talking about?

I have heard lot of things about this case like shock collars, or how she is lying and manipulative, faking, acting. I read part of her blog and never saw anything about a shock collar or any signs of abuse. I saw Issy would get better and then relapse again and then get better and relapse again. It just looked to me she lost it and went crazy. I remember the time when my husband wasn't working and I was under a lot of stress due to less income and my husband not being better and then I get this medical bill and then I find out my son didn't have medical insurance anymore so thus the reason why we got that bill so I just lost it. I started crying and had a break down and then wished I never had a kid and decided I didn't want him anymore and my parents could just keep him. I remember I wanted to die then. What if I just wanted to end it all? What if I decided to take my kid with too so he wouldn't be a burden to my sick husband and to my parents and in laws? I remember Kelli seemed to have reached her breaking point and had a breakdown so she made that plan. I see her as a battered woman but yeah I get it, some people think she is a good actress and she has her doctors fooled too about her state of mind.


_________________
Son: Diagnosed w/anxiety and ADHD. Also academic delayed.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.


League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 24,921
Location: Pacific Northwest

10 Oct 2014, 11:28 am

PlainsAspie wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
]yea totaly.its a fair sentence for a mentaly ill woman dealing with a tough familiy situation.
it also could be that a rebelious drug using teenager could push a mentaly ill parent over the edge.killing a disabled child in and of it self is no mitigating factor


The judge ruled that she wasn't insane. Irrational, definitely, but that doesn't necessarily mean mentally ill



She had PTSD and brain injuries. I am not sure what you would call that.


_________________
Son: Diagnosed w/anxiety and ADHD. Also academic delayed.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.


WelcomeToHolland
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 583

10 Oct 2014, 12:40 pm

League_Girl wrote:
WelcomeToHolland wrote:
PlainsAspie wrote:
This multi-millionaire just needed more services, right?


Kelli Stapleton's family was relying on their insurance to pay and according to her, the insurance cut them off so her daughter couldn't finish some programs she started, and her daughter wasn't welcome at the school... Regardless of what services she finally got, according to her, there was a lack of services when her daughter was younger. It seems logical to assume had she received services at a younger age, things may never have gotten this bad. I suppose it's possible she was lying or that preventative services still wouldn't have helped... But that's how one (not you but some other people) could conclude more services would have helped.

This multi-millionaire had enough money to pay for it herself- and she did. This, however, makes me wonder about social services- this boy had all of his blood drained and put back in, and was given chemotherapy for no reason. How did nobody notice?! Somewhere along the line, other people failed to report child abuse and/or social services failed to do anything about it. (IMHO)



What child abuse do people keep talking about? The attempted murder?

What boy? Or is this another story you're talking about?

I have heard lot of things about this case like shock collars, or how she is lying and manipulative, faking, acting. I read part of her blog and never saw anything about a shock collar or any signs of abuse. I saw Issy would get better and then relapse again and then get better and relapse again. It just looked to me she lost it and went crazy. I remember the time when my husband wasn't working and I was under a lot of stress due to less income and my husband not being better and then I get this medical bill and then I find out my son didn't have medical insurance anymore so thus the reason why we got that bill so I just lost it. I started crying and had a break down and then wished I never had a kid and decided I didn't want him anymore and my parents could just keep him. I remember I wanted to die then. What if I just wanted to end it all? What if I decided to take my kid with too so he wouldn't be a burden to my sick husband and to my parents and in laws? I remember Kelli seemed to have reached her breaking point and had a breakdown so she made that plan. I see her as a battered woman but yeah I get it, some people think she is a good actress and she has her doctors fooled too about her state of mind.


No the multimillionaire i was talking about is someone else- Gigi? I think that's her name but anyway she killed her 8 year old son in NYC. That case seems to quite different to me. It was referenced on the previous page of this thread. I agree that Kelli Stapleton doesn't seem to have abused her daughter prior to trying to kill her and I totally get what you're saying about the stress.
This woman from NYC though, her son was definitely abused by her and possibly others.

Edit to add: PlainsAspie seemed to be saying with his sarcastic remark (quoted above) that the people claiming more services are stupid because look at this case where the mother was rich. What I was trying to say was basically that I disagree, for two reasons (the two paragraphs). I'm not always the greatest writer so that may not have been clear, lol.


_________________
Mum to two awesome kids on the spectrum (16 and 13 years old).


League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 24,921
Location: Pacific Northwest

10 Oct 2014, 2:14 pm

I wonder where the rich part is coming from? If Kelli was rich, wouldn't she be paying for everything herself and paying for hospitalizations with her own money? Wouldn't she not be collecting money from people and having funds for her daughter to pay for her treatments if she was rich?

I also heard another rumor she traveled the world and wrote books and I would have to look her up to see what books she had written. Looks like she wrote two. It wouldn't surprise me if she used the money she made on those books on her daughter's treatment. All I can think is "what the hell happened?"

I feel me and everyone else are reading two different blogs. Does she have another blog somewhere lol. I also checked out her Twitter.

Reading this makes me feel more and more angry because I hate domestic violence. Lock that kid up. That is why i don't read about this often. It makes me feel angry to see it. Then reading about her targeting her sister was too much. My ex boyfriend knew a kid with autism in his special school and he had to wear chains to keep him from hurting anyone and the parents went to court to get permission from the judge to do that. Then it makes me angry to hear when people say that is so wrong and call it abuse. So autistic people should be allowed to harm others and people don't have the right to be safe? I don't want Issy near my children and thank god she lives far away so I have nothing to worry about but I feel sorry for her little sister who is now the target of her attacks now that Kelli is gone and why the hell the dad allows this in his home but yet he says she is doing better and is less aggressive but he filed to mention the attacks she does on her sister.


_________________
Son: Diagnosed w/anxiety and ADHD. Also academic delayed.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.


WelcomeToHolland
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Jan 2014
Gender: Female
Posts: 583

10 Oct 2014, 9:29 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I wonder where the rich part is coming from? If Kelli was rich, wouldn't she be paying for everything herself and paying for hospitalizations with her own money? Wouldn't she not be collecting money from people and having funds for her daughter to pay for her treatments if she was rich?

I also heard another rumor she traveled the world and wrote books and I would have to look her up to see what books she had written. Looks like she wrote two. It wouldn't surprise me if she used the money she made on those books on her daughter's treatment. All I can think is "what the hell happened?"

I feel me and everyone else are reading two different blogs. Does she have another blog somewhere lol. I also checked out her Twitter.


I don't think Kelli Stapleton was rich either. Her not being rich was part of the problem- her insurance didn't cover full treatment for her daughter. It's Gigi Jordan who is the rich person being discussed (she's only rich person I was talking about anyway).

League_Girl wrote:
Reading this makes me feel more and more angry because I hate domestic violence. Lock that kid up. That is why i don't read about this often. It makes me feel angry to see it. Then reading about her targeting her sister was too much. My ex boyfriend knew a kid with autism in his special school and he had to wear chains to keep him from hurting anyone and the parents went to court to get permission from the judge to do that. Then it makes me angry to hear when people say that is so wrong and call it abuse. So autistic people should be allowed to harm others and people don't have the right to be safe? I don't want Issy near my children and thank god she lives far away so I have nothing to worry about but I feel sorry for her little sister who is now the target of her attacks now that Kelli is gone and why the hell the dad allows this in his home but yet he says she is doing better and is less aggressive but he filed to mention the attacks she does on her sister.

I feel sorry for the other daughter too. What would be good is if we could more effective ways of helping these kids to not to be so violent. If we knew why they were like this... I don't believe it's that they want to hurt others- there's something else going on. I think the kid getting tied up with chains is living a really sad life so while I don't think their rights trump other people's rights, I wish there was a way to help them so they weren't so violent at all.


_________________
Mum to two awesome kids on the spectrum (16 and 13 years old).


vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,110
Location: Left WP forever

11 Oct 2014, 1:43 am

League_Girl wrote:
PlainsAspie wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
]yea totaly.its a fair sentence for a mentaly ill woman dealing with a tough familiy situation.
it also could be that a rebelious drug using teenager could push a mentaly ill parent over the edge.killing a disabled child in and of it self is no mitigating factor


The judge ruled that she wasn't insane. Irrational, definitely, but that doesn't necessarily mean mentally ill



She had PTSD and brain injuries. I am not sure what you would call that.
im not defending the womans actions.yes a person must be completley psychotic or disassosiative at the time of the crime to be legaly insane.which would mean they go to a hospital untill there sane.that could be three weeks,three months or 30 years.

any mental health issue is valid mitigation to a prison term and a sick enough person could serve a prison term in a locked hospital if the department of corrections thinks there safer,also most prisons have a hosptital ward as well.

the decision to send a DOC prisoner to a hospital instead of jail is a decision only the DOC can make,not the judge.and there types of hospitals are often as bad a jail anyways


_________________
Forever gone
Sorry I ever joined
WrongPlanet is rancid,goodbye forever


vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Jul 2013
Age: 65
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,757
Location: pueblo colorado

13 Oct 2014, 3:47 pm

We need, as Autistics, to support each other. I also believe that we need to give support to families who are having a rough time. Of course what Kelli Stapleton did was horrible. I also believe that if there was more support, tragedies like this would happen much less often.