Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2014, 5:33 am

I´d say it is about the middle. You should be able to focus on the stuff, that you yourself are interested to focus on. So I am able to do my groceries, shopping and job, however: It still happens to me, that I put my shirt on the wrong way. ^^

triplemoon18
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Sep 2014, 10:20 am

My 14 year old daughter has aspergers and she really likes orange oil, not sure if it calms her down, but she likes it and I should offer it to her more often. I like natural remedies too and have her on melatonin for sleep for the past year (1 mg about 90 minutes before bed) and I started her on 100 mg a day of 5HTP since July and it has really helped her anxiety. I am not sure if it helps her focus (she has some ADHD hyperactivity) because she is now in an aspergers program in high school. Her teacher has told me she is a pleasure to have around and her last teacher for two years did not feel this often. My daughter doesn't have any side effects from any of these remedies, just better sleep and a lot less anxiety.

Stormymomma
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Oct 2014, 9:48 pm

I started using Peace & Calming (Young Living) on my son (3 years old) on the bottoms of his feet at night to help him sleep. At first, I didn't see any difference and his Pediatrician prescribed him Seroquel. I did not pick up the prescription and decided to give it to him. I have noticed he is more calm and he is on a pretty good sleep schedule. Along with therapy and going to Preschool now, I think he is improving. I have heard vetiver is a good oil for autism but I haven't tried it yet. I heard it has a strong scent. Would like to know if anyone has tried this one?

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 7:19 pm

DD uses Equazen cod liver oil. Not sure if it actually helps her focus beyond focusing on focusing iykwim but there is a noticable difference when she stops taking them for a while (usually during school holidays as we are less organized then). She likes (foot)massages before bedtime, they do help her fall asleep more easily and she seems to wake up more refreshed.
She is not keen on oils but does like orange and benzoin oil. Benzoin is very resinous so I have her sniff that straight from the bottle. I use lavender for cuts and bruises and little else as she doesn't actually like the smell of it.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2014, 4:38 pm

Thankfully, the FDA is cracking down on these frauds:

FDA cracks down on essential oils distributors and other ?natural health? peddlers

RocketMom

15 Oct 2014, 1:27 am

AspE wrote:

If anyone actually feels that their oils cure cancer than um...wow. Yes some sellers go overboard. But the company I buy from and the distributor who educated me was responsible. Not all are snake oil salesman. We use oils to ease symptoms of colds and skin irritations and for calming or other mood regulation (lemon is amazing to keep focus for instance, but also for stopping a runny nose). If I catch Ebola (which is amazingly unlikely) I will be heading to the hospital, not my oil stash. :roll: As most normal people - oil users or not - will.