Have people said you look angry (when you're not)?

Page 4 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

DarkAscent
Toucan
Toucan

22 Oct 2014, 7:17 am

I have been told that I look angry when I'm not. A few weeks ago, I was eating dinner with my classmates and they thought that I was crying when I wasn't. I was actually happy at the time.

I'm often unaware of the face expressions that I pull.

Tizerize
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Oct 2014, 7:19 am

I can be happily looking at trees out of a bus or car window and be told i look miserable; i can be scared and on the verge of tears and be told i look angry ...how such nt's can have a go at me for not understanding their facial expressions i don't know. And what kind of made up nonsense is "tacit" ?!

Last edited by Tizerize on 22 Oct 2014, 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tizerize
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Oct 2014, 1:47 pm

AND... I hate it when 'well meaning' people tell me to smile, especially when i've had a very taxing day / week...

little_blue_jay wrote:
I feel like saying "I'm not sad, I'm tired! I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome..."

...unfortunately, if i'm that knackered i can't think of a decent response straight away, so i try to ignore them and just hope they'll go away!

L_Holmes wrote:
...when I am right on the verge of having a meltdown but barely holding together, I apparently look pretty calm, as no one ever says anything then.

That's similar to what happens to me when my brain is so far beyond fried that i give up trying to reason with people ...but i think some of those people only leave me alone at such times coz they like to believe they've 'improved' my attitude ~ i suspect this becoz when i've recovered and they've tried to walk all over me again they're as surprised by my self-defensiveness as i am by their [apparently endless] disrespect. NB: these are mostly service providers, not people i can avoid.

Raleigh wrote:
I tend to laugh when someone gets angry, which could prove dangerous if you laugh ['at'] the wrong kind of person. It's a nervous reaction.

I think there's a big difference between a little surprised laugh (someone nervously laughing at / to themself in an awkward situation), and an "i think this is hilarious" type of laugh (from a spiteful person who has said / done something mean and thinks you're crazy for wanting them to be sorry). And if someone laughs hysterically when nothing funny has happened, or when something bad has happened, there's a chance they've misunderstood the matter or that their mind has wandered, so people should be worried about them not angry with them.