Have people said you look angry (when you're not)?

Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2014, 2:49 pm

Yes. people have told me that I look angry when I am not. Some have even insisted that I am even after I have told them that I am not. It happens when I am overloaded and zoned on or super concentrating on something and no one realizes that that is what I am doing.

Wreck It Ralph

YourMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2014, 2:54 pm

When I'm tired I look either sad or angry or both :P It's somewhat annoying but I think I have a badly shaped face in that sense.

(not a native speaker)

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2014, 3:03 pm

Yes, people always tell me to smile and that I look angry and other times they say my face is sad or emotionless

YourMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2014, 3:05 pm

I have that too- I have a pretty blank face/facial expression usually.

(not a native speaker)

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2014, 3:25 pm

Usually they say my tone of voice sounds angry, mostly because I have no idea of what I'm saying sounds like.

Like I could be saying no to something and people will think I'm angry when I'm not.

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2014, 5:29 pm

People always think I look sad. People who know me know better, but I have strangers ask me what's wrong sometimes.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

26 Sep 2014, 5:38 pm

Yes, all my life. I distinctly remember some girl kindergarten asking me why I looked so sad and being puzzled by the question. People nowadays think I look angry quite a bit.

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2014, 6:34 pm

I get asked if I'm angry about something regularly at work.

Usually I'm not angry at all, but if they keep asking and saying things like "Are you sure????", I start getting annoyed!! ! :roll:

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

WeeYank
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

26 Sep 2014, 6:53 pm

/\ That "Are you sure????" question always sets me off, too. It is like an implication that I am not capable of knowing what mood I am experiencing. So condescending.

Last edited by WeeYank on 26 Sep 2014, 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nasha66
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Sep 2014, 8:39 pm

Angry, sad, confused, my expression is never seen as calm and detached which is how I feel, and I'm always told to smile, from what I can feel I am smiling, I'm always tested to touch my face to check after the second or third time when I'm sure I'm grinning

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2014, 8:42 pm

If you go through video of yourself frame by frame, you will find certain frames that contain the most terrifying facial eggspressions that look like you are going to slowly slide out of the frame and coldly destroy whatever is your way. Or at least I found them, they seem to be the middle frames of going from looking somewhere to looking at a person. Good thing other people's eyes and brains are not like video editing software, otherwise I would be terrifying to them, and if my eyes were like video editing software, they would probably be terrifying to me too. But in real life, I am adorable like my catatar.

ajpd1989
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2014, 10:20 pm

btbnnyr wrote:
If you go through video of yourself frame by frame, you will find certain frames that contain the most terrifying facial eggspressions that look like you are going to slowly slide out of the frame and coldly destroy whatever is your way. Or at least I found them, they seem to be the middle frames of going from looking somewhere to looking at a person. Good thing other people's eyes and brains are not like video editing software, otherwise I would be terrifying to them, and if my eyes were like video editing software, they would probably be terrifying to me too. But in real life, I am adorable like my catatar.

They are called microexpressions. Some people can recognize them.

RocketMom
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Sep 2014, 10:37 pm

ajpd1989 wrote:
btbnnyr wrote:

They are called microexpressions. Some people can recognize them.

There was a really awesome show on TV a few years back about a consultant who helped solve crimes and what not all by reading those microexpressions. Naturally the show was canceled...all the cool ones are.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2014, 12:02 am

Zajie wrote:
Yes, people always tell me to smile and that I look angry and other times they say my face is sad or emotionless

same here. i have the potential to look disinterested when i am in fact having an amazing time that i will remember for a long toe to come. (and do). for example, i was once asked if i had liked a movie after it ended, the person may have sensed i was disappointed (she has made comments to me about my auras and body language often), and i think i looked the part, but in fact i was in stupor at the overwhelming beauty of the film.

i have received a comment that my eyes look sadder than they were in a picture of me, 10 years ago. i don't see the difference. also, until recently i carried a perpetual scowl that arised simply from me botching a self eyebrow plucking. :lol:
ReticentJaeger wrote:
I have a problem with smiling when something really bad happens to someone. Last year my teacher announced that she was getting treated for breast cancer. I had to cover my face.

+1.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

capri0112
Raven
Raven

27 Sep 2014, 8:52 am

Yup! Especially when I was younger (teens, twenties). People would say "You look angry/sad/deep in thought."

That still happens, but not as much anymore, because I've become much better at something that comes naturally to NT's: "putting on a happy face." Actually, I think people expect others to look pleasant, or at least not unapproachable, but not necessarily happy (at least, not all the time).

In my heart, as an individual on the autism spectrum, I hate being "fake," and frankly, am just bad at it. But, intellectually, I understand that wearing negative emotions on your face makes people uncomfortable. It's better, in most situations, to maintain an expression that does not alienate others, no matter how you really feel.

psot2

27 Sep 2014, 8:56 am

People always think I'm upset when I'm not. Otherwise they just think I'm very deep in thought/serious (I guess most of the time I am very deep in thought).