Veteran

27 Sep 2014, 2:14 pm

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/pamp ... -them-gay/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2014, 2:53 pm

O-o-o-o-kay!
When our daughter was using the word gay in a disparaging way, my wife and I asked her what she thought it meant. When she said it meant something was bad, or dumb, we asked her if she had heard that from other kids in school. The answer was invariably yes. We then told her that there was nothing bad about being gay, and that some men are in love with other men, or some women are in love with other women, the same way mommy and daddy are in love. She understood that, and I seriously doubt this talk turned her gay.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2014, 3:32 pm

Can anything "turn" anyone gay? :D

And, if so, what "turned" non-gay (un-gay, dis-gay ?) people heterosexual? There MUST be a specific event or eureka moment when that happens, too.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2014, 3:34 pm

I want to see a pamphlet for kids on Christianity that's guaranteed not to turn them Christian.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2014, 4:28 pm

Uncle Mike sounds like a nice guy.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2014, 4:43 pm

*sigh*

Well, at least they have moved forward from treating "Uncle Mike" as a dangerous, Satanic influence to whom/which the children must not be exposed lest he molest them, "turn them gay," or otherwise "make them unacceptable to the Kingdom of God."

Small steps, guys. Small steps.

Remind me to write a letter congratulating Family in the Crosshairs, er I mean Focus on the Family, on their progressive stance.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2014, 5:25 am

AspieUtah wrote:
Can anything "turn" anyone gay? :D

I turned gay. I was just walking down the street one day with my girlfriend, and this crazy homo ran up to me and BAM, he hit me in the chest with a wand of some kind that was covered in glitter and pink ribbons.

True story. That's how it happens.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2014, 4:07 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
I want to see a pamphlet for kids on Christianity that's guaranteed not to turn them Christian.

:lol:

I want to see a pamphlet for kids on bullying that's guaranteed not to turn them into bullies.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2014, 6:19 pm

Quote:
The problem with discussing male homosexuality with young boys, the pamphlet argues, is that there is a ?natural? inclination for them to be attracted to ?masculine? men, and this should be encouraged.

Are they seriously saying that the slightest mention or acknowledgement of homosexuality to children will result in them becoming gay?

People can not be this incredibly stupid!! !

Quote:
?Explaining homosexuality as ?two guys who like each other,?? it continues, ?could prompt a young boy to doubt himself or his own feelings,? and make him wonder whether he really is homosexual.

No...no...no...and double no. Romantic and sexual attraction is not a case of "monkey see monkey do". It is a matter of how a person feels toward a particular person. I don't become straight by seeing a man and a woman together. I become straight when I am in the presence of a man and become attracted to him.

Are these people nuts???