Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 11:20 am

We have a bubble thread?

No one told me.

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 9:24 am

Sylkat. When was the last time a Finn hugged you?

Cady93
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Apr 2015, 6:57 pm

I was actually just about to ask about roleplaying but then I read all the replies and my question was answered :) Cause I was wanting to start an Elder Scrolls RP but I wanted to double check this announcement first. Thanks! :D

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 6:18 pm

A modest proposal.

Certain threads on this forum should be officially designated as being "brain dead".

And any post made in said threads with the BD designation should NOT be counted in you total of WP posts.

Things like "count to a million by one". You should be free to post in them, but any post you make does not augment your WP total of posts (which is the sole reason anyone participates in things as brain dead as "counting to a million by one" -to up their total of posts).

This will give an incentive for folks to up their game and create and or participate in games more imaginative than "counting to million by one".

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2015, 7:34 pm

the first page or so of that million thread contained more actual content than it does now, with translations and binary. and images. which makes sense, cause you're dealing with smaller numbers. would be a pain to do so with the tens of thousands.

the rules do say that a user's post count can be reset if administrators (of which, there's only alex right now) feel a user posts just to post. which to me seems more like a sort of threat, or a wink and a nudge not to mindlessly raise post count. or an incentive, like you said. though most of those who post there make perfectly legit, worthwhile posts elsewhere.

i'm awful at math so be warned, but a quick calculation says we won't reach 1,000,000 until 2230! 8O

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2015, 9:24 am

There may be members for whom the steadily increasing post count is the only indicator they exist. It would be utterly cruel to reset it for whatever reason. Something similar applies to those so-called BD counting threads: they may be the only way for some members to communicate, to feel that they belong somewhere. It would be utterly cruel not to let their post count increase when they post in those threads.

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2015, 6:21 pm

Krabo, are you Finnish or Swedish?

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2015, 8:26 am

Finnish.

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2015, 12:43 pm

This area is lots of fun. :lol:

Kyle Katarn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2015, 6:15 am

Is this thread still active?

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2016, 4:14 pm

'Tis now.

AvaPerez
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Mar 2016, 5:06 pm

As for quizzes, My economics teacher used it for cheking students level of mastering knowledge. Now I want to go the same way. It was not very convinient because of lack of devices. If you were a student, what would you prefer? The tool on device ( http://stringlearning.com ) or usual testing on paper?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 3:37 am

almost 10 years later and still no roleplaying to be seen.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 May 2022, 11:14 am

I really like role play, especially as angel and archangel superhero’s/superheroine.

One’s alias is “Jenny Kingston” with the superheroine name “Supertacular Angel Chick” this has the same age rating as Cartoon Network shows like adventure time and Steven universe. It’s a western animated

Others alias is Christopher “Westin” White with the superhero name “Archangel Ultralighter” this age rating is the same as adult swim cartoons even though the main character is very appropriate most of the time on online role plays. This one is a legit anime/manga art style

I’m hyped about this, I may not always be available with rp because I’m still working a day job, going out to services and maintaining my apartment