Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Mrrandomman
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Sep 2014, 6:19 pm

Who is your teacher or teachers and why?

My least favorite teacher is named Mrs Summers. She needs everything to be done perfectly every single time. She also gets on your case every time you forget an assignment or your notebook.

I also had the meanest 1st grade teacher ever. Her name is Mrs Thomas. She told us a story about how her teacher in 1st grade always had a favorite and how she hated it. Mrs Thomas picked a favorite that year. The kid she picked was a big jerk. His name was Dylan. Dylan was the snottiest, brattiest, whiniest, little jerk ever to roam Earth.

--------------------------------------------------------
Hey! We can Google that!

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2014, 6:42 pm

The Least favorite was Jan D. "Chrome Dome" Hall. He was head of the Phys. Ed. Department and Athletic Director where I went to high school. No matter what I did or didn't do, he was always tearing me down.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2014, 11:10 pm

worst teacher i ever had was my earth and space science teacher. he never gace a lecture. he gave open book tests because everyone would fail if he gave regular tests

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2014, 12:42 am

thankfully none of my teachers have been deliberately nasty to me to points worth mentioning, but there are some that are just plain annoying.

like my english teacher in 11th grade, Carmean. a stout, blonde descendant of an English ww1 vet. i would rather have eccentric teachers that boring ones, but he would not shut up, he would try to appeal to the majority hispainic makeup of the class by throwing in random spanish colloquialisms here and there, they were corny and his accent still leaves a lot to be desired. not to mention the "cray cray's....

my goverment teacher will likely be worse. every day he greets the class with a very loud and clear:

GOOD (day of the week to you) TO YOU

WE'RE ALL IN OUR PLACES WITH SMILES ON OUR FACES

THIS IS THE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY...

...TO END YOUR (day of the week).

HOORAY!!

and the class lets out a half hearted hooray...

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

ajpd1989
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2014, 1:17 am

Worst teacher I encountered was Mrs. Sims. She was the wife of the P.E. teacher at the junior high school I went to, and she was by far the meanest person I have ever met.

Well, I take that back. As far as teaching goes, the worst teacher I had was an older man named Mr. Hamilton. He almost never taught anything. All it took was for one student to mention something off-topic, and he would monologue about that subject for the rest of the class. He literally spent all class one day talking about marijuana.

edit: special mention for my U.S. government class teacher. She could not talk without using about two or three "ums" per actual word. Really got on my nerves.

DarkAscent
Toucan
Toucan

30 Sep 2014, 10:47 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
thankfully none of my teachers have been deliberately nasty to me to points worth mentioning, but there are some that are just plain annoying.

like my english teacher in 11th grade, Carmean. a stout, blonde descendant of an English ww1 vet. i would rather have eccentric teachers that boring ones, but he would not shut up, he would try to appeal to the majority hispainic makeup of the class by throwing in random spanish colloquialisms here and there, they were corny and his accent still leaves a lot to be desired. not to mention the "cray cray's....

my goverment teacher will likely be worse. every day he greets the class with a very loud and clear:

WE'RE ALL IN OUR PLACES WITH SMILES ON OUR FACES

THIS IS THE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY...

...TO END YOUR (day of the week).

HOORAY!!

and the class lets out a half hearted hooray...

I would want to throttle the teacher by the end of the week if they did that at the beginning of each class.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2014, 12:16 am

i admit i have felt urges to do that to him...and all my teachers too, at some point. his classroom is absolutely caked in all sorts of knick knacks, pictures on the ceiling, newspaper headlines and gifts from old classes. he plays the boombox every day during passing period...it is a very overwhelming environment to be in, and it doesn't help when he slams his metal ruler onto a desk creating an incredibly loud SMACK, but i don't jump from it though.

his song today was actually pretty weak and rushed...:chin:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2014, 12:15 am

My preschool teacher in the last daycare I was in. She was b*thcy and hypocritical, she seemed so phoney even to 6-year-old me, and she favored her son and gave him the almond in the porridge so he could win the marzipan pig.

The teacher we had in first and second grade. We saw her again in 5th grade and she said something really unjust.

A condescending extra teacher we had in first and second grade.

The teacher we had from 3rd to 6th grade, in math, orientation subject, Norwegian. She was by far the worst and contributed to ruin the 1 ½ year part of my life from I was 12 ½ to 14. To this day I don?t ?see? her when I meet her on the street.

The teachers I had in:
PE in elementary school, junior high and all 3 high schools
Math and science in the same three (except one in the last high school I went to)
Norwegian in elementary school and junior high
English, music and PE in elementary school (same woman, a real b*tch that no one liked)
One of the music teachers we had in junior high (he made a lot of annoying comments)

Plus a teacher I had in my first high school, but I don?t recall which subject she had (this was vocational school and the line subjects were all pretty similar, plus it?s been 21 years). I had been at home sick with asthma and when I got back she asked why I had been gone. I told her the truth. ?Then you have a doctor?s certificate?? she said, very clearly thinking I didn?t. I picked the piece of paper up from my rucksack and she gaped. It?s real bad form for a teacher to express surprise that a student is telling the truth.

On the other side of the scale I think I?ve had 1 teacher in elementary school, one teacher in junior high and two in the last high school I went to that I actually liked. I don?t generally find teachers very likeable.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Greenhat
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Oct 2014, 8:49 am

I had a terrible teacher in 5th grade. She used to yell at me until I cried, then yell at me about how "that crying doesn't work on me! I know you're faking!"
Extra points to an 8th grade History substitute I once had for 10 days. Almost everything he said that wasn't directly reading the PowerPoint was either wildly wrong, such as claiming that there's wind on the Moon, or wildly inappropriate for a classroom, such as trying to start an argument about evolution with me, a 13 y/o student, by saying "So you believe we all came from nothing?"

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2014, 10:00 am

Worst teacher I had was in Third Grade, Miss Q. She went out of her way to emotionally abuse/torture me. For example, she would force me to walk down certain stretches of hallway repeatedly and tell me that I was walking wrong and accuse me of being some kind of monster who was intentionally walking weird to spite her.

My second worst teacher was Second Grade, Mrs.Q (Q seems to be an unlucky letter for me.)
She thought I was a smart kid and so she let me do what I wanted most of the time which was nice, but... She also knowingly wrote me up when I was innocent on numerous occasions. This was discovered when a kid hit me repeatedly on the award ceremony day and I hurt him a bit in self defense. She would later confess that she wrote me up because she didn't want to write up the other kid because that other kid was getting an honors award and she didn't want to ruin his day. Also, she distributed Jehovah's Witness religious stuff to students, those little cartoon flyers.

Third would be Klienman as freshman in college who was generally a jerk. He kicked me out of class after he asked for my opinion and I said something he apparently didn't agree with. He also would require homework be submitted through email and bring a copy to class for discussion... And then after I submitted the email, tell me my work was unacceptable 10 minutes before class and then in class claim I was disrespecting him by not redoing the work before class and kick me out for being unprepared. These are only two of a ton of reasons why he was terrible.

There are quite a few worthy of an honorable mention and I also disliked most teachers.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 4:16 pm

I had so many teachers which i disliked so much so im going to talk about the worst teacher from this year- its my english teacher i hate her so much shes so mean to me specifically whenever i put my head on the desk but not sleep or anything she shouts at me and never does it for anyone else, that time she took a paper i had from me and i did with it is write something, she even ignore me when i raised my hands to answer once for no reason, shes so moody she prefers some students over the others, she likes the show off outgoing loud students shes so nice to them even though they cause trouble and all while shes so mean to the quiet ones who are actually really nice and polite i really dont like her especially when she chooses someone to be mean to then the other day she chooses someone else to be mean to.