When you're Facebook statuses end up like this ...

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

jayjayuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Sep 2014, 11:00 pm

My latest Facebook status sums up life. I have no idea why I post it on Facebook, I guess its because I only have family on there and non of them understand what I go through. At times like this I feel so alone.

I am thinking coming off my meds wasn't a good idea. Too late now though.

"Had to be me, to be blessed with the worst s**t in life. Give me a break please. I don't deserve this now. I want my life back so bad but nobody understands how difficult this is. I don't expect people to understand and I don't require sympathy, I feel like a dick head already. I would just love someone to talk to who understands this. I'm not right in the head. I say and do s**t that I look back on and I embarrass myself. That's not right. Caused so many problems for people in life that I've ended up f*****g up opportunities to actually be somebody. But I don't know how to fix it. There's people out there who drink a lot, smoke a lot, waste life, and get blessed with so much. Then there's me, work so hard to get to where I am, and I still have f**k all. I'm just ranting, venting frustration. The truth is I don't know how to live. And it's taken almost 29 years of my life to find out something isn't right ... and at which point there's f**k all I can do about it now. Every bit of support I could have got as a child is no longer available. I often wonder what life could have been like. That point in life when you don't know where to turn. Rant over. I need to try and sleep."

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2014, 12:42 am

You probably don't want people to focus on this detail but what were your meds for?

MatchingBlues
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Sep 2014, 1:13 am

This is precisely why I don't have a Facebook. And voyeurism too.

Fatal-Noogie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: California coast, United States of America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Cosmos

30 Sep 2014, 1:18 am

jayjayuk wrote:
it's taken almost 29 years of my life to find out something isn't right ... and at which point there's f**k all I can do about it now. Every bit of support I could have got as a child is no longer available.
Maybe you're looking for support in the wrong places. I know plenty of people in your/my age group
within my circle of friends/acquaintances who struggle with personal and emotional problems
and find support to make their lives better. You talk like we're already over the hill, and over a cliff.

I find that support is easier to get if I can make myself sound mildly in need of it, even if I feel desperately in need of it.
I still don't understand human nature. By the cynical logic of the masses, they'd throw me a rope if I stepped in a mud puddle
but withhold it if I was rapidly sinking in quicksand.

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2014, 11:14 am

MatchingBlues wrote:
This is precisely why I don't have a Facebook.

^^^ +1 :D

WerewolfPoet
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2014, 2:49 pm

Fatal-Noogie wrote:
By the cynical logic of the masses, they'd throw me a rope if I stepped in a mud puddle
but withhold it if I was rapidly sinking in quicksand.

I don't know for certain, but it may be that the logic behind this is that one can "stumble into" a mud puddle through no fault of their own--people step into mud puddles all the time--but one must be negligent in some manner to step into quicksand--you should be able to see the quicksand before you step in it, the logic goes, as quicksand pits are typically larger than puddles and are often in places that people would typically not be in, i.e. forests and beaches.

To bridge the metaphor: people get mildly lonely/upset all the time, and it is not usually seen as being that person's "fault" because that's "human nature"; being desperate or depressed, however, is not something that happens to everyone and thus, in the eyes of many people, is something that results from one's negligence, laziness, or other personal faults and is, thus, less deserving of sympathy.

To answer the original post: my Facebook statuses seldom reflect my deepest moments of despair anymore, as I have been told by others that they "don't want to hear it" because it's "too much of a downer," but I do have some posts on the internet that look somewhat like yours.

I hope that things improve for you and that you can find happiness and fulfillment in your life. :)