Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

YourMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2014, 4:03 am

I prefer male friends and feel more comfortable with them, preferably aspies :D I don't feel so comfortable with girls and women at this point, I've seen so many occasions of exaggerated social drama, harsh judgement-passing, and I don't belong in their ''girl in their twenties-world'' anyway....

I like eccentric aspies for the most part, and sincere people in general.

(not a native speaker)

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2014, 1:14 pm

I prefer the company of men.

I am almost always uncomfortable around women, and I know that most women are uncomfortable around me.

I am a married mother. This basically translates to me being unable, and unwilling, to make friends in any socially acceptable context.

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2014, 4:24 pm

BuyerBeware wrote:

I am almost always uncomfortable around women, and I know that most women are uncomfortable around me.

I am a married mother. This basically translates to me being unable, and unwilling, to make friends in any socially acceptable context.

I'm in the same boat.

However, even though I am more comfortable around men, I still would have a hard time finding friends even if I wasn't married. I like deep, deep talking about philosophical things. Very few do, male or female.

I am glad for my husband, because he is my best friend. Just sometimes I get overwhelmed with sadness knowing I have no other real confidant. My husband and I both work from home, and we homeschool our kids. Sometimes I need to see someone else, you know? It's not because I don't love my family - I just need a fresh face or conversation once in a while.

little_blue_jay
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Oct 2014, 10:59 pm

I'm female, and my 2 closest friends are male. One's my roommate, the other is a quirky guy who I suspect may be Aspie like me but doesn't want to research/investigate it. He's known in our city as a schizophrenic but I don't think he is. He has a bit of a temper and has been banned from a couple places but 99% of the time I get along great with him. He is very much misunderstood. They are both many years older than I am.

I have always gotten along better with men than women. I love hockey and I don't know any women my age who are interested in hockey. Guys are so much easier to talk to - especially during hockey season :lol:

Most women around my age I meet are married with kids, so I feel they wouldn't want me in their world (female competition thing I guess, like I have designs on their husbands!) plus I don't want kids so I have nothing to talk to them about.

Women younger than me tend to talk about meaningless stuff that I'm not interested in. Not long ago I had to endure a 45-minute bus ride with some chickie-poo on her cell phone rambling on & on about what to wear to the party, whether or not to redo her nails, whether the guy she liked would be there... blah blah blah I can't do those types of conversation :roll:

Once a week or so my quirky friend will bring me out to Mcdonald's with a couple of other guys he knows and we all sit around with a tea or a sundae. I get along with them great as they are funny & crack jokes.

AQ score: 47
RAADS-R score: 196

54together
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Oct 2014, 2:07 pm

I'm a female with a mix of male and female friends. I don't really mind what somebody's gender is as long as they're nice.

However, I generally find my male friends tend to be funnier and have personalities more like mine (i.e. similar sense of humour, doesn't care what anybody thinks of them), but my female friends tend to be more compassionate (I feel more comfortable when talking to them about my problems.)

SuperInferior
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Oct 2014, 11:59 am

I find it easer to cry around guys. They tend to sit there quietly and act like they don't notice but with enough room for you to talk if you want to. If you don't seem to want to they just act like nothings happening and joke around to cheer you up.
Girls try to hug me which makes me anxious and more upset.

Neither gender can tell me the truth very easily though, they're both trying to be nice which means you can't really get the truth out of them. Then later on they're like 'Yeah I thought your partner was abusive and I never liked him' or something and it'd be really bloody good if they'd said that when I was asking for months. =.=

I need your help to make a change!

AQ: 35 (8/10), SQ: 81, EQ: 12, FQ: 82,
RAADS-R: 179 (Language: 18, Social: 77, Sensory/Motor:49, Interests: 35)
Alexithymia: 167

Alexithymia forum: http://alexithymia.createaforum.com/

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2014, 1:04 pm

I don't know. My girl/guy friend statistic seem about equal.

When I enter a new environment I usually stick to a girl at first because it is natural "girls get along with girls, boys with boys". She becomes a friend that helps me find my place in the group. But as time passes and I get comfortable I am starting to get along with boys in the group by myself. And not with other girls, except the "guide friend". But I still hang out with girls more because my "guide friend" hangs out with them and I follow her.

Currently at school I am hanging out with my "guide friend", her other female friend and two of my guy friends. And in my private life I am friend with my high school "guide friend" and our high school guy friend but he ended up gay so I am not sure if he counts as a guy.

In elementary and middle school I was hanging out with some girls, one or two at a time, they were my "guides" but I liked talking to a guy, just it wasn't acceptable to hang out with him because they would make fun of us. And in private life I have had a female friend but I liked playing with her brother more.

2cat007
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Nov 2014, 12:59 pm

It doesn't really matter, for me I'm fine with having male and female friends. I'm actually friends with a guy and we get along great. :D I don't think gender should matter when it comes to friendships, friends are friends right? :)

alessi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Nov 2014, 2:04 am

I have had very few female friends in my life. I get along much better with males for some reason.

I have had only 2 females in my life who I would say were genuine friends. Interestingly they identified as bisexual or lesbian.

RedDead
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Nov 2014, 4:48 pm

I'm female and generally prefer the company of men, though I do have one close female friend.
Most females make me feel nervous and judged. However a lot of men I have previously become friends with at some point suggest something sexual should happen, sometimes when I am in a relationship with someone else! This ruins the friendship forever.

sheila_rawr
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Nov 2014, 3:49 pm

I'm a female and so far, whoever sits beside me in my classes are class friends. I only talk to them about what we're learning in class because every class that I take, I think of it as one of my interests, so I talk to others only about that interest which makes it easier for me. At the moment, I mostly have guys in my classes aside from my annoying media arts course filled with high pitch laughter. I have to say, I prefer guys and girls similar to me over others because it seems like all other girls like to talk about is guys, makeup, and gossip. Or jokes which get annoying or boring after a while. I'm usually clinging to my girl friend or one of my guy friends to give me confidence. If they don't show up, I just sit alone during class. But when it comes to lunch, there's a whole lot of people like me in the library. Majority is guys in the group, but there are a couple of girls in it as well. We use that time to take all of the randomness off of our minds and speak gibberish while combining all of the nonsense to create a story before we go back to class. Apparently, I don't talk much, but I believe I do because all of the thoughts in my head are scrambling everywhere that I think I said something already, but I didn't. Then, later I notice that I didn't say anything and get frustrated because I didn't get to share my oppinion. Sorry, I changed the topic.

kdmfaspie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Nov 2014, 9:13 am

I have always preferred the company of guys to gals. Just much more aligned to my comfort zone.

downbutnotout
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 7:39 pm

alessi wrote:
I have had very few female friends in my life. I get along much better with males for some reason.

I have had only 2 females in my life who I would say were genuine friends. Interestingly they identified as bisexual or lesbian.

Likewise. Tough-minded, too.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 8:09 pm

I think you will find Females in general prefer Male friends.
I remember in hospital the female nurses telling me they hated working on the female wards because women are so horrid to each other.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 12:29 pm

I definitely get along better with guys. I don't know why either. Due to some of my personal interest and my sense of humor I can hold down conversations with guys better than girls. I imagine there are women like me that I would be friends with.

Its either that or girls don't like me. I get along with guys on the spectrum as well as guys who aren't.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Plum
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Nov 2014, 7:15 pm

I appreciate both in their own way. If I go through a period of having mostly friends of one gender, I start to miss the other perspective. Equally, each camp comes with its own issues. I must admit however that I find it a lot more difficult to BE a friend to females as they tend to be a lot more needy and demanding generally speaking.