Refurbished Computer-Office 2010 Activation Failed Options

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2014, 4:06 pm

I was given a refurbished WIN 7 machine by my brother that was literally found on the street with Office 2010 Pro Plus pre installed. The machines seem to be from a company that went out of business as there were several identical machines together on the street. After a few weeks the time limit ran out and while the programs still run I get product activation failed messages. This means that I do not have and won?t be able to find the original activation keys. I see Microsoft does sell product keys for this version of office for $30. http://www.getsoftwarekey.com/microsoft ... -p-32.html

Would that reactivate the Office suite? The reason I wonder is that the options from error messages expect that the machine will be reactivated via a corporate network. I am a single user

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2014, 5:23 pm

Uninstall all traces of MSOffice 2010, and install this. You won't miss Office 2010, and you'll save $30 to spend on something that you actually need, or want.