Little Things that Annoy You on the Screen?

Page 6 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 9:29 am

On a T.V. credits roll when they don't capitalized the first letter of someone's name. For example lindsay lohan, instead of Lindsay Lohan <- like it should be since it's a name. :x

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 1:26 pm

Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
On a T.V. credits roll when they don't capitalized the first letter of someone's name. For example lindsay lohan, instead of Lindsay Lohan <- like it should be since it's a name.

I hate it, TOO, when they put the credits at the bottom in order to show you an upcoming episode of "whatever". There's been times when I've wanted to check the credits to see who a guest-star was----but, FORGET IT, when it's like that. Also, they almost ALWAYS run the credits MUCH too quickly!! !

I also don't like when movies use such small font for their credits. In the movie-house it might show-up, okay; but, when you're watching at home, it's just a blur of white on a black background.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 10:39 pm

When something is written on the screen, (I mean part of the movie/series, not the credits) it's usually not shown for a sufficiently amount of time for me to read all of it, and it's often not that big letters either. If it's a DVD or recording then I can pause it and read it properly, but otherwise likelihood is good that I will miss out on at least some of it.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 8:50 am

Oh, I know----I totally hate that too!! ! They must get Evelyn Wood to read subtitles, and such, and when SHE'S finished reading, they figure it's been long enough. I have a little trick, now.... I skim the text to the end, picking-up what I HOPE are the important parts----then, if it's still on-screen, I go back and "fill-in" what I skipped-over. That's been working, fairly well.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 9:02 am

Thanks for the tip, I will try that next time!

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 1:25 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
When something is written on the screen, (I mean part of the movie/series, not the credits) it's usually not shown for a sufficiently amount of time for me to read all of it, and it's often not that big letters either. If it's a DVD or recording then I can pause it and read it properly, but otherwise likelihood is good that I will miss out on at least some of it.

I totally agree. It is really interesting to watch films from approximately the 1930s where they leave the words on the screen too long.

WAautisticguy
Toucan
Toucan

15 Nov 2014, 11:44 pm

Logo bugs with a bunch of crap on them. "ALL NEW (INSERT HERE)" WEDNESDAY 8/7C" or "ALL NEW (INSERT HERE) IN 1:42:43" right next to the logo. Are you freakin' kidding me?! Maybe get rid of the logo bug and the clutter altogether - like in the old days of the 1990s. ABC used to have their bug up for 5 sec and fade away, now not only is it on the entire time, but it also has junk on it and sometimes hashtags! Absolutely hate it.
One of our news anchors here in Yakima pronounces 2009 as "twenty-oh-nine." Ditto on "twenty-oh-eight", "twenty-oh-seven". I have never heard anyone pronounce it like that. I wonder if he says 1999 as "one nine ninety nine" :D

-crainbebo

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 7:23 am

Skilpadde wrote:
Thanks for the tip, I will try that next time!

Oh, good----you're welcome----I hope it works, for ya!! !

54together
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Nov 2014, 8:16 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
I hate it, TOO, when they put the credits at the bottom in order to show you an upcoming episode of "whatever". There's been times when I've wanted to check the credits to see who a guest-star was----but, FORGET IT, when it's like that.

I've noticed they sometimes do that when the programme hasn't even finished. Especially annoying if there is an important thing to notice. :roll:

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 9:54 am

54together wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
I hate it, TOO, when they put the credits at the bottom in order to show you an upcoming episode of "whatever". There's been times when I've wanted to check the credits to see who a guest-star was----but, FORGET IT, when it's like that.

I've noticed they sometimes do that when the programme hasn't even finished. Especially annoying if there is an important thing to notice.

Oh, I know what you mean----I hate it, as well!!

WAautisticguy wrote:
Logo bugs with a bunch of crap on them. "ALL NEW (INSERT HERE)" WEDNESDAY 8/7C" or "ALL NEW (INSERT HERE) IN 1:42:43" right next to the logo. Are you freakin' kidding me?! Maybe get rid of the logo bug and the clutter altogether - like in the old days of the 1990s. ABC used to have their bug up for 5 sec and fade away, now not only is it on the entire time, but it also has junk on it and sometimes hashtags! Absolutely hate it.

Yeah, I know wha'cha mean----I hate it, TOO!! Things at the bottom aren't so bad if they're, at least, STATIC; but, I've seen all kinds of things running / rolling / whatever..... Also, I hate it when their station identification is COLORED----if it's transparent, like some are, it's not quite as bad!! I must admit, years ago, I can remember, sometimes, wondering what station I was on, and appreciated it, when it first came-out----but, now we have a button on the remote to do that, and it isn't needed, anymore.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 12:05 pm

This is not really annoying, but.....

I think it's really interesting how many shows use the "Where are you going?" as a "bridge" for the another character's line.

Diamondisis
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jan 2015, 8:49 pm

When characters change their hair

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 9:00 am

Diamondisis wrote:
When characters change their hair

Oh, yeah, I hate that one, TOO!! I didn't like it when Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting ("The Big Bang Theory") cut her hair----it looks cute, though.

Also, Brits have a TERRIBLE habit of filming the front of people with their back to a window (shooting INto a window), and the people are just one, big, black BLOB!!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 2:42 pm

The fact that they edit a lot of stuff in older syndicated shows just so they can pack in more commercials. Like The Golden Girls - the jump cuts are just terrible. And cartoons where they now show nothing but the title instead of making an actual intro to put in more commercials. It's just sad. :cry:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 2:48 pm

And female protagonists who have just been in an action scene where they should be all dirty and have their clothes messed up but instead they look like they just got out of a spa. Actually I saw that just yesterday while watching EWW the modern King Kong movie where that lady slides down a big, muddy hill and not only is she not even hurt but her clothes and hair look perfect.

And overuse of CGI in live-action movies. I can so tell that's not real water they're sailing on, or a crowd of real people standing in a village square, or even real steam coming out of the actor's mouths on a freezing cold night.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 1:00 pm

Some of those family films where they make the dad a really funny character, by making him as immature as the kids. If I had a dad like that I would be so embarrassed.