Little Things that Annoy You on the Screen?

Page 6 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 12:05 pm

This is not really annoying, but.....

I think it's really interesting how many shows use the "Where are you going?" as a "bridge" for the another character's line.

Diamondisis
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jan 2015, 8:49 pm

When characters change their hair

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2015, 9:00 am

Diamondisis wrote:
When characters change their hair

Oh, yeah, I hate that one, TOO!! I didn't like it when Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting ("The Big Bang Theory") cut her hair----it looks cute, though.

Also, Brits have a TERRIBLE habit of filming the front of people with their back to a window (shooting INto a window), and the people are just one, big, black BLOB!!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 2:42 pm

The fact that they edit a lot of stuff in older syndicated shows just so they can pack in more commercials. Like The Golden Girls - the jump cuts are just terrible. And cartoons where they now show nothing but the title instead of making an actual intro to put in more commercials. It's just sad. :cry:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2015, 2:48 pm

And female protagonists who have just been in an action scene where they should be all dirty and have their clothes messed up but instead they look like they just got out of a spa. Actually I saw that just yesterday while watching EWW the modern King Kong movie where that lady slides down a big, muddy hill and not only is she not even hurt but her clothes and hair look perfect.

And overuse of CGI in live-action movies. I can so tell that's not real water they're sailing on, or a crowd of real people standing in a village square, or even real steam coming out of the actor's mouths on a freezing cold night.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2015, 1:00 pm

Some of those family films where they make the dad a really funny character, by making him as immature as the kids. If I had a dad like that I would be so embarrassed.

Aspergman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Apr 2015, 5:14 pm

Probably already mentioned, but historical inaccuracies, like a Greyhound bus from the late 70's early 80's in a movie that was supposed to be set in the 60's . The movie "The Queen" was supposed to be set in 1997, but there's a scene where you can see a Mercedes S class that didn't arrive on the market until 2000… I point these out as we watch so it annoys my wife!

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 7:28 am

I can't stand when there is a driving scene in "New York City" and it's obviously another city (usually Toronto). In one movie (Kick Ass 2) you could VERY clearly see they were at the intersection of Yonge and Grosvenor Streets in downtown Toronto.

Doesn't help that traffic lights are one of my obsessive interests. Yes, I am that guy who blurts you "they say it's set in Chicago but only Ohio uses those style of traffic lights."

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 2:06 pm

SpirosD wrote:
When girls in movies are fighting other people and wearing high heels or simply running, if you notice the moment the fight starts or when they start running the heels become flat and then switch back like magic to high again.
Just a few examples :
In Time, when Amanda Seyfried starts running her 6 inch heels turn into 1 or 2 inch and back to 6 inch.
Daphne in Scooby-Doo, when she starts kicking butt, she goes flat.
Silk Specter in Watchem, the same, she goes flat once the action starts, and high once the scene ends.
Catwoman in Tim Burton's Batman : The same has previously.
Catwoman in The Dark Knight Rises : The same has previously.
Baby Doll in Sucker Punch : The same has previously.
Angelina Jolie in Mr and Ms Smith : The same has previously.
Elektra : The same has previously.
Salt : The same has previously.
The Long Kiss Goodnight : The same has previously.
And they are 1000 of films like that, not to mention TV shows.

Cars always find a place to park.
One bullet to a car is enough for it to explode.
Bad guys can't shoot, they empty clips after clips at the hero and can never hit him.
Bed sheet have a weird slope design so that when a couple is in bed we always see the man's torso but the sheet is always covering the girl's breast.
The Black guy always dies first.
In war movies, when a German is killed he falls down nice and clean, when a Japanese soldier is killed he jumps back doing a loud scream, when a US soldier gets killed he has time to talk for 2 minutes "tell my parents I love them, tell my girl back home I fell has a hero, take car of my dog for me, and tell my brother I'm proud falling for my country, and please don't forget to water my plants back home" and then he closes his eyes.
In Horror movies people always run upstairs when the killer is after them instead of running outside.
In Samurai films, people always have 100 liter (22 gallons) of highly pressurized blood in them (ok, that one is cool).
Kids know to use complicated Linux operating system and accessing secret files just by typing random stuff on a keyboard (Jurassic Park for example)
People never wear seat belts, and when they crash they never come out flying from the windshield.
People often have sex but keep their clothes one, even their pants :?
... and so and so...

Never noticed that first thing (nor heard it pointed out before). That girls' shoe heels magically contract for fights! Lol!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2015, 6:42 am

People who fake eating. There's a commercial for those stand-alone (or, whatever they're called----the shells stand upright, so you can fill them, more easily) taco shells, and there's a little girl who fakes taking a bite of the taco; and, it's soooooo fake----at least, she TRIED to make a chewing motion, but.....

This commercial drives me NUTS!!

Helgapetter
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 May 2015, 1:36 pm

I'm exited for when someone gets good with filming with a drone!
I have a tendency to try to figure out if it is a drone filming, or with a crane, so much that I can't focus on what that clip is trying to say :P
I have caught myself commenting to myself on the camera movement and transitions that I know could have been done better, even though I don't know specifically how!

one special episode i liked was when they filmed how they did the "new" intro to "gold rush" on discovery channel, that was made all with drones. flying in and out for portraits, and amazing areal filming.

sorry if I was a bit OT :lol:

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2015, 6:02 pm

Fake drinking, especially hot beverages.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 10:10 am

Helgapetter wrote:
I'm exited for when someone gets good with filming with a drone!
I have a tendency to try to figure out if it is a drone filming, or with a crane, so much that I can't focus on what that clip is trying to say :P
I have caught myself commenting to myself on the camera movement and transitions that I know could have been done better, even though I don't know specifically how!

one special episode i liked was when they filmed how they did the "new" intro to "gold rush" on discovery channel, that was made all with drones. flying in and out for portraits, and amazing areal filming.

sorry if I was a bit OT

That's OKAY----I thought it was a really interesting post!!

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2015, 9:34 am

When people look directly into the camera----ooo, it gives me the WILLIES!!

Two prime examples: Helen Mirren in "The Queen" (at the beginning, when she's sitting for her portrait); Meryl Streep in "Mama Mia" (when she's sitting on the sink in the bathroom).

I sort-of get an electric charge that shoots straight to my belly-button!! LOL I don't know WHY that IS----like, why does it go THERE? Someone with alot more knowledge than ME, in Biology, maybe, could answer that!?!

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2015, 9:49 am

^ It gives me the willies too. I think it's down to my problems with eye contact.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

awsamb
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2015, 9:54 am

House MD kind of annoyed me. They didn't really do a great job of connecting everything and the ending to every episode was always the same. House sparks an idea and he's always right. It was good for the first four seasons but it shouldn't have been carried on for eight. So I guess what annoys me are characters who are supposed to be realistic but end up just being too smart.