Little Things that Annoy You on the Screen?

Page 8 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 11:44 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
Terrible fake Southern accents.

Terrible fake Australian accents. We do NOT sound like New Zealanders.

Terrible fake accents in general.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2015, 8:15 am

Lintar wrote:
People who instantly sit up straight when they wake up from a really bad nightmare. Is there anyone who actually does this?

Yes, that can happen. I have done so at least once.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2015, 11:50 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
Terrible fake Southern accents.

Yes! And I must add that to me all fake Southern accents are terrible; I've never heard one that doesn't make me cringe. Way, way back in the day she first started Paula Deen had a very pronounced but still credible Georgia coastal accent; now she is a caricature of herself that is more nauseating than fingernails on a chalkboard. Yuch!

Fake German accents are almost as bad. Documentaries are the worst offenders, like when there is a voice-over of a report or letter written by a German author. What the frick would it take to have the VO read in English by a German actor in his native accent!?

[rant]One might think that whoever loses a war has to endure having their manner of speaking forevermore mocked in the most stereotypically offensive ways possible.[/rant] :roll:

tinyteddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jul 2015, 9:50 am

the adverts at the bottom of the screen that pop up and distract from the tv show!! it's maddening!

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Aug 2015, 6:24 pm

Here's one thing that bugs me.

TURN THE LIGHTS ON!

It seems like every movie and TV show wants to be "dark"--not just thematically, but literally. So they film scene after scene of people who stand around talking in near total darkness, as if this were normal. Or they add those annoying blue/gray filters in post-production. Just stop! It's not interesting anymore. If you want to convey mood, try writing good dialogue and realistic characters, not just blank slates who recite contrived and joyless lines at each other.

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2015, 8:57 pm

tinyteddy wrote:
the adverts at the bottom of the screen that pop up and distract from the tv show!! it's maddening!

That's one of the reasons I no longer watch commercial T.V. The people who run those stations must think we are all idiots for putting up with the s**t they dish out to us.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2015, 8:58 pm

Evil_Chuck wrote:
Here's one thing that bugs me.

TURN THE LIGHTS ON!

It seems like every movie and TV show wants to be "dark"--not just thematically, but literally. So they film scene after scene of people who stand around talking in near total darkness, as if this were normal. Or they add those annoying blue/gray filters in post-production. Just stop! It's not interesting anymore. If you want to convey mood, try writing good dialogue and realistic characters, not just blank slates who recite contrived and joyless lines at each other.

Yes! So true! :lmao:

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2015, 7:31 am

tinyteddy wrote:

Hear, hear----I AGREE!!

I hate it when people are holding a "baby", and it's clearly NOT real!!

catherinewalker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Aug 2015, 3:34 am

When girls in movies are fighting other people and wearing high heels or simply running, if you notice the moment the fight starts or when they start running the heels become flat and then switch back like magic to high again.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2015, 9:11 am

When people take a bite of something, but don't actually CHEW the food----which means, they didn't really take a bite, they were just PRETENDING, to be eating. I HATE that!!

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2015, 9:10 pm

awsamb wrote:
House MD kind of annoyed me. They didn't really do a great job of connecting everything and the ending to every episode was always the same. House sparks an idea and he's always right. It was good for the first four seasons but it shouldn't have been carried on for eight. So I guess what annoys me are characters who are supposed to be realistic but end up just being too smart.

If it annoyed you from the beginning of the fifth season, then why did you persist with it for another four? I would have given up watching it long before then if it turned out to be so disappointing. There must have been something about it that kept you watching, so it couldn't have been as bad as you imply here.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2015, 6:27 pm

Pixels in poor quality shows, repetition mostly in infomercials...

WolfClaw99
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Aug 2015, 10:22 am

Dox47 wrote:
Actually, I mentioned it in another thread a while back, but possibly my number one is writers telling us that a character has certain attributes or abilities, then showing us something totally different. My arch example of this one is Dexter, where we're told that Dexter is this cunning criminal, having been able to commit countless murders over the years under the very noses of the Miami police, but over the course of the show we see him repeatedly tailing people from close range with no disguise, brazenly breaking into people's houses in the middle of the day, again without so much as a ball cap and sunglasses, driving his own car to numerous crimes (with his GPS on, as seen in season 2), using his cell phone while committing crimes, and generally not behaving like a master criminal capable of escaping detection for so long. It would have been such an easy fix too, just have the guy change his clothes or pull on a hat and shades, switch his plates around, anything. Don't even get me started on keeping all that evidence of mass murder in his A/C unit...

Ugh. I hate these too! Another one is when Dexter is chasing someone in a vehicle, and the target never looks in the rear view mirror.

StaticWorld
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Sep 2015, 6:17 am

When people say "Lets split up!". Because why not? There's just a killer after you.
And it's a little bit annyoing that every time a german appears in a movie he's a nazi or they have a really bad accent. The same goes with russians who are always portrayed as the bad ones.
Or characters who are supposed to be autists who are just socially awkward nerds.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2015, 8:45 pm

Long opening credits that don't bother to have anything playing in the background.