Do You Ever Think in Song Lyrics or Movie/TV Dialogue?

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Deano109
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Oct 2014, 7:06 am

Campin_Cat wrote:
I'm thinking this is just a quirky thing, and not really an Aspie thing----though, the thing that "drives" it might be neurological, idk.

I used to almost always think in song lyrics----like, if someone said they had a "splendid" time, I would automatically think of "Love is a Many Splendored Thing" (I know it's a different "S" word, but that's where my mind went).

Also, I'm always doing math in my head----like, if I know someone's age, and they say something like: "I've lived here for 10 years", I automatically subtract to get the age they were when they first moved "here".

Does anyone else do this----or, if not the above, do you think in some other kind of sequences, or patterns, or whatever? Just curious....

Yes I do both. hearing certain words often triggers off songs, which I may start humming, possibly in front of friends or colleagues.

I certainly try to work out how old someone was in say 2002 if they said for example that they went to Spain that year, and I know that they are 38 now. I do seem to remember ages a lot.