I miss my parents' dog more than I miss them

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2014, 10:27 pm

I've never identified as someone who loves animals more than people. I'm just not that kind of Aspie. At least I think I'm not.

I moved out a month ago. I'm starting to think about the dog I left behind at my parent's house and I want to see him so bad. I want to cuddle with him. I want him to lick my skin when I'm sweaty. Then I realized I don't miss my parents at all.

Do I love Wilson more than them? I think so. My parents are great but the dog is where my heart is at. Who knew?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Oct 2014, 1:46 am

I never had a close relationship with my parents & when I moved out I missed my pet chinchilla more than I missed them.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

silky
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Oct 2014, 5:49 pm

Understandable. Aside from my family, the greatest love of my life was a dog I had from when I was age 11 to 25.
Over the years I changed and the world changed around me but she could be counted on to be always there and always loved me no matter what.

You can phone your parents any time. You can't phone the dog when you miss it.

Last edited by silky on 07 Oct 2014, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2015, 1:32 pm

My parents made sure that would never happen: one day, they took the dog in their car and abandoned him in the wilderness.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 10:36 am

Spiderpig wrote:
My parents made sure that would never happen: one day, they took the dog in their car and abandoned him in the wilderness.

That's horrible! Why do some people still think it's perfectly okay to abandon an animal? It's no less cruel and evil than abandoning a child.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 11:27 am

Spiderpig wrote:

That's sickening :x

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2015, 1:19 pm

Spiderpig wrote:

Jesus! Spiderpig, your parents are jerks! You're nice, though. How'd that happen?

Once I broke up with a guy, but I liked his friends and his friends liked me, so I kept hanging out with his friends. I'd go over for weekly dinners to hang out with the wives of his guy friends. Weeks went by and then he came by to hang out with the guys...I was there playing board games with everyone. :oops:

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 2:49 pm

I took my pets with me when my parents FINALLY let me move out.

Bald-Accountant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jan 2017, 5:43 pm

My mom has always raised chihuahuas. She did not have a puppy mill, she loved and cared for all of them almost like they were her children.
I was so sick of those yappy dogs by the time I left home.

Then I get married and my parents give my wife a free dog, Then a few years later we get another - good grief.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 6:10 pm

Spiderpig,

That's truly disgusting! Somebody who abandons an animal would do that to a child, too.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 6:14 pm

Spiderpig wrote:

That's horrible. Your parents are monsters for doing that.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 6:17 pm

I also miss my dog more than I miss my parents when I don't visit them for a while. All last summer I kept saying to myself, "I miss Chico." I never said anything to myself about missing my parents. I guess that the difference with me is that my mum's way of dealing with my true colours weren't always graceful, the first half of the year.