Anyone else strangely open in an honest way?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

CryingTears15
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Oct 2014, 2:33 pm

So. I'm supposed to tell the teacher something I "mask" from others in a school project. Problem? There is literally nothing I wouldn't chart with anyone about, quite comfortably, if given the chance. It gets unusual. I would tell a classmate about my bipolar if I thought they'd listen. I spill my guts out to counselors on the first meeting. I don't give two s**ts if anyone finds about my Asperger's.

I've heard extreme honesty is a symptom of ASD, but that's mostly in reference to bluntness. Does this count? Is anyone else like this?

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 2:56 pm

It is possible to have the attitude of "I don't care what others think - take me as I am, or don't." In truth, that's pretty healthy--you're less self-conscious that way. In some ways, I'm like that (I only "mask" for what you might call "business purposes").

Regarding this project, just pick something that sounds like it would be "masked" by most people in a similar situation.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

06 Oct 2014, 2:58 pm

Yes, I can be like this, like conundrum said.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

DukeJanTheGrey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Oct 2014, 3:11 pm

The problem I would have is, if it was something I would mask and hide from others it would also be something I would mask from a teacher. What makes that teacher so high and mighty that they should have the privilege of knowing personal information about you that you would usually hide from people. I would say to them I usually mask my hatred and bitterness towards you but since you asked, here is what I really think of you.

Me, have a problem with authority?

You don't say.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 4:49 pm

I used to be very open and honest with people, and would blab just about anything about myself to anyone. It was not a good thing for me. Really hard habit to break. Life is much better keeping things to myself.

kirayng
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 6:22 pm

I also used to be very open and honest, figuring if I showed everyone who I was all at once they could skip the getting to know me part and we could all move on with our lives. Now I realize how much of an invasion of the OTHER person's privacy to be too open. Who would've thought? Everyone has a time frame that is comfortable to them for getting to know someone else and how far they want that interaction to go. That time frame is always a mystery to me. I don't want to know people the way they want to know me... my time frame is instant, you either treat me poorly and I avoid you, or you seem to treat me nice and I watch for duplicity, or you're generally good and I trust you.

One big lesson, I have such limited social energy that I must absolutely conserve it for those people who really matter. The rest of the world can go screw itself. I will never impress the Type A's, the alphas, the normies, etc. so why even bother? When I do try I suffer in my important relationship with my hubby and I really don't like it when I can't focus on my one good relationship! :)