i don't fear them. 19%  19%  [ 9 ]
i like them or i am a cop myself 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
i'd rather just have me a yummy ice cream! :) 17%  17%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 48

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 9:06 pm

at least I know I am not alone in this fear- Alfred Hitchcock's movies were all informed with his own fear of policemen. it is just that for the most part, my relating with cops is mostly them dicking around with me.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 9:12 pm

Yeah.

Mainly because they can take the things you own due to what some scumbag politician tells them to. They can also apprehend you for countless reasons (when you haven't done anything wrong).

I think that's something the early liberals forgot; you give power to people, and they're still going to want more and more of it until you're back to kings and queens in everything but name.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 9:13 pm

it seems the law enforcement establishment in this nation is corrupt to the core. they leave the upper classes alone and pick on the lower classes.

bguimaraes
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Oct 2014, 9:20 pm

I don't like authority people, they tend to make/force too much eye contact

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 9:22 pm

the powers that be are encouraging more fear of police among the average populace.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 9:30 pm

Sadly, authority positions do draw people that are more likely to abuse said authority (insofar as the liberal notions that our societies were foundered on).

Then there's the indifferent individual, who'll just do what he's told. Even though police have no obligation to enforce the law if they think it's wrong (I bet you didn't know that).

The executive, judicial and legislative branches are all to be feared IMO. Just as much as the people they're "protecting" you from.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 9:32 pm

I know our lapdog lamestream media like to report on the occasional good cop doing good deeds. as though this drop in the bucket undoes what the rest of 'em are liable to do to joe average given half a chance.

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 9:33 pm

My medical cannabis card says no.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 9:34 pm

I was pulled last week because my upper brake light was out. I realized that when the policeman stopped me, he has the authority to shoot me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 9:35 pm

I get the impression a lot of them have a "black and white" cognitive style. it is as though their squad cars are symbolic of that.

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 9:38 pm

When I was in middle school and to a lesser extent High School some of my classmates were scared sh!tless if a teacher said "I'm going to call your parents" I can recall when I was in middle school one of the teachers tried that with me. My reply was So what? one of the my classmates was I can recall said "OOh you should not say that otherwise your daddy will take you over his knee and spank you until you cry" I just basically said "No my parents don't do that.. We actually talk things out" (2 sides to EVERY story) So the teachers had to find another way to get to me. back on topic I tend to question authority if I feel they are wrong or unjust but no I don't fear authority figures.

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 9:39 pm

EDIT:
Double post sorry

Last edited by JoelFan on 07 Oct 2014, 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 9:48 pm

JoelFan wrote:
When I was in middle school and to a lesser extent High School some of my classmates were scared sh!tless if a teacher said "I'm going to call your parents" I can recall when I was in middle school one of the teachers tried that with me. My reply was So what? one of the my classmates was I can recall said "OOh you should not say that otherwise your daddy will take you over his knee and spank you until you cry" I just basically said "No my parents don't do that.. We actually talk things out" (2 sides to EVERY story) So the teachers had to find another way to get to me. back on topic I tend to question authority if I feel they are wrong or unjust but no I don't fear authority figures.

the alphas such as yourself are similar in this respect, no fear of authority figures if not actual membership in supervisory positions.

neobluex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 10:01 pm

I've talked to a cop once, because I was lost. Everything went well.

I don't fear cops. I haven't broken the law.

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 10:09 pm

bguimaraes wrote:
I don't like authority people, they tend to make/force too much eye contact

Feels like they're the most presumptive and forward people on the planet sometimes, right?

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2014, 10:11 pm

I distrust authority, but respect the trappings if that makes sense. I'll go through the motions step not antagonize, even if it's meaningless really. I don't know if it's right or wrong, nut it's simpler for me.