Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kotshka
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2014, 8:06 am

I got my first gray hair not long after my 29th birthday. Now they're cropping up all over, and I'm still not even 30. At first I was pulling them out, but now I just let them grow.

Neither of my parents started going gray before they were 40, so it's not hereditary. I suppose it could be due to stress, but man... I feel like I'm awfully young for gray hair even if I'm stressed. I was wondering, is it common among people with autism to go gray early, do to the higher stress levels we experience on a daily basis? Or is it just my bad luck?

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2014, 8:22 am

I just started getting some grays at 30 but more especially my hair is falling out, probably due to stress. I don't think that is too abnormal: I see plenty of guys with a full hair of gray hair that are younger than me and there are just as many women: they usually colour it though.

My Uncle was completely white by the time he finished High School!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2014, 8:44 am

My grandfather, supposedly, was completely bald and gray at age 26.

I started getting gray hairs in my mid-thirties; I started having a receding hairline in my late-twenties.

Now, I'm almost completely gray, and have a small bald spot with the receding hairline at age 53.

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2014, 9:09 am

I've got a grey patch growing as well plus my hair line is really starting to recede I think a lot of has to do with genetics Pretty much most of the males on my mothers side have gone bald (or balding) in their mid 30's early 40's or grey in their early 30's and luck has it I have that gene.

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2014, 9:15 am

Brother of my friend(NT as far I know, with lots of friends) is 28 and totally gray. He looks like Gandalf - he lets his gray, wavy hair grow very long. Pretty cool.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2014, 10:49 am

You're channelling Billy Joel! LOL

Coolguy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Oct 2014, 11:51 am

I got my first grey hair at 22. At 28 I have salt and pepper hair (but still mostly dark). I have a friend who has a patch of grey and he is 26. It can happen at just about any age, for a variety of reasons. My friend smokes. For me I would say it was mostly stress.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2014, 12:50 pm

I'm getting a good amount of grey hairs in my beard and I'm only 24. I guess being stressed this much is causing me to go grey early.

That, or it's just normal or something.

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2014, 12:51 pm

It is largely/entirely genetics.

People's hair can turn grey or start falling out due to male pattern baldness when they are teenagers.

Love transcends all.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2014, 12:57 pm

I started going grey in my early twenties. I like my grey hairs. I feel I've earned every single one of them.

LookingLost
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2014, 2:24 pm

I spotted my first (and second, third, fourth, fifth, etc.) at seventeen. They looked like they'd been there a while. :lol:

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2014, 2:27 pm

I started getting random grey (not really grey, but silver) hairs around age 25, and I think it was due to stress. But they are still just random, I didn't actually start turning grey.

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2014, 5:01 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You're channelling Billy Joel! LOL

eh, I dunno there bud I don't think I'm as balding as he is...

Tho hell by the time I get to his age I hope I can look as sharp as he is now (and have half the income he has)

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2014, 5:33 pm

I started getting gray hair back in my 30s. I've got one distinguished gray streak on my front left side which I like.

Not gray anywhere else except for my moustache (which I don't have any more because it looked disgusting).

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Oct 2014, 6:39 pm

I'm 31 & started growing grey hair a few years ago. it's not bad yet but I'm trying to stop it so I started useing a product called Go Away Grey (CLICKABLE LINK). It supplements the enzyme Catalase & here's an article explaining it (CLICKABLE LINK). I'm not sure if it's helping or not yet thou.

I started gradually losing my hair like 5 years ago due to male-pattern baldness. Both my grandparents were bald but my dad isn't thou him & mom do have abit of grey hair. Male-pattern baldness is due to hair having a genetic sensitivity to a byproduct of testosterone. The med Finasteride is approved for MPB because it has an effect on lowering Testosterone. I started taking it acouple years ago for MPB. I started taking a couple other meds that also lower T for that reason & because I like some of the other effects like lower sex-drive & less body hair but Fiansterdie doesn't really cause those effects by itself. I'm still losing my hair but I think I slowed it down some. I would see about getting a hair transplant if I could get a recommendation on a place.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2014, 11:37 am

We look young for our age yet we grow grey hair early?