Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2014, 8:39 pm

Does anyone else like/own plushies that are characters from preschool shows? I own a couple - I recently got a plushie of Peppa Pig and one of Crackle the baby dragon from Sofia the First. I'd also like to get a Daniel Tiger plushie soon. I also have plushies of several of the Doc McStuffins, Sesame Street and Timmy Time characters. A couple years ago, I bought a plushie of Baby Bop from Barney off Ebay, one that looked like the one I had as a little kid. I had both her and Barney, but Baby Bop was my favorite - I liked stimming with her by stroking her satiny pink ballet slippers. I was going through a hard time then, and I thought that having a reminder of my childhood nearby would make me feel better. It just wasn't the same as having my old one, tho. I ended up giving Baby Bop to a friend of mine who had the same one when she was little, but her older brother took it and buried it in the yard and she never saw it again.

I'm going through a hard time again now (if you've seen my recent posts in The Haven, you know all about that) and I like watching TV shows made for young kids that I used to enjoy when I was little myself....my favorite ones are Winnie the Pooh, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, Doc McStuffins, Peppa Pig, Sofia The First, DragonTales, Sesame Street, and Timmy Time. I like characters from little kid shows....they're cute, nice, and a lot of fun. I don't have any interest in watching the depressing, superficial, negative reality show crap that grownups watch. Preschool shows focus on what's really important: Being nice, being polite, sharing, thinking of others, and not taking life too seriously.

Is there anyone else who has plushies of characters from preschool/little kid shows around to make them feel better, or remind them of happier times?

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

Last edited by LtlPinkCoupe on 11 Oct 2014, 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

JSBACHlover
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2014, 10:36 pm

Wow what a cool post!

I used to collect little critters. Then I had a real dog. It kind of changed things. And then I moved so many times ... I think I lost all of them. 8O

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2014, 12:06 am

Mine was my raggedy old elmo doll. I had an obsession with Elmo growing up, and I used to have a plush of him. I also had two smaller elmos that I still have with me. One is pink because he's been washed so many times. XD My mom told me that I tried to potty train him once and he fell into the toilet. LOL

As for my bigger elmo, he was blind as a bat. :[

Also, I'm surprised to see another person who likes Doc McStuffins and Sofia. <3 I love those shows because they are so cute. I'll have to take a picture of my two small elmos to show you what I mean. Other than that though, I don't really own anything from those two shows. I do want a plushie of Stuffy the Dragon though. He's one of my favorite characters right now. We do have a bunch of tiggers sitting up on a shelf in the living room. XD

I can't really think of anything else I have that's considered-well, it's not a plushie or anything... but I do have this one train from Thomas & Friends I got for like no reason. It's a train, so i thought what the heck? I usually put it out during Christmas time.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2014, 12:15 am

All of my plushies are non character-specific, (except for a few Peanuts characters like Snoopy, Woodstock, Linus, Charlie Brown, Lucy and Peppermint Patty) but I do have a blue blanket that looks exactly like Linus's that I still sleep with because it's so soft.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

YarnMonster
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Oct 2014, 7:12 am

There weren't preschool shows on when I was growing up, not that I recall- beyond Sesame Street. We only had a little tv anyway and didn't watch it much. Three channels on a cloudless day :)

I do like teletubbies and would enjoy a big yellow one. I like elementary-aged plushies (or would if we could afford them). I would love a large Arthur or George Shrinks. I tend to go more toward animals in general (faces bother me) so things like the Wuzzles would be amazing- but seeing as that show has been gone for twenty years, probably little hope it getting a toy from that show. But it was a great show! Mixing two different types of animal? I'm THERE. :)

I always wanted the large Ewok stuffed dolls too- the big ones!

The reasons you watch kids shows are the same reasons I listen to Christmas music all year. I don't like the 'adult' songs about murder, indiscriminate sex, 'worth' being found between our legs- I'm beyond not interested. It makes me sick. I like songs about taking time to care for others, beautiful weather, sweaters, giving people presents, birth of Christ, living a good life. :)

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Oct 2014, 9:11 am

If the Smurfs are considered a preschool show, then yes. You already know about Suzie, my Build-a-Bear Smurfette doll that I got a month ago. I love her and I take her with me almost everywhere I go lately.

I have a few other plushies here and there, but none from preschool shows. And my favorites were Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, Shining Time Station, and Where In the World is Carmen Sandiego. I also enjoyed the old Winnie the Pooh movies. :) I do enjoy some adult programming, but there's nothing like those old shows.

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...

54together
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Oct 2014, 2:21 pm

I still have a little Kipper the Dog plush toy.

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2014, 5:19 pm

I'm hoping my parents will get me a Stuffy plush for Christmas. I love him so much, but I also think it's because I love dragons. :3

Evil_Chuck wrote:
If the Smurfs are considered a preschool show, then yes. You already know about Suzie, my Build-a-Bear Smurfette doll that I got a month ago. I love her and I take her with me almost everywhere I go lately.

I have a few other plushies here and there, but none from preschool shows. And my favorites were Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood, Shining Time Station, and Where In the World is Carmen Sandiego. I also enjoyed the old Winnie the Pooh movies. :) I do enjoy some adult programming, but there's nothing like those old shows.

OMG SHINING TIME STATION. <3 SORRY I HAD TO COMMENT THIS BECAUSE I LOVE THAT SHOW SO MUCH. IT'S SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE RECENT CRAPPY VERSION OF THOMAS THEY HAVE NOW!

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2014, 7:33 pm

I like the plushies from the Muppets, even though I do not own any newer ones. I have the hockey ones from Burger King (my dad used to get the kid's meals because I don't like the burgers there) from the 90s, same with the Toy Story toys and stuff like that.

I do have an Oscar the Grouch shirt, which describes me perfectly.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2014, 10:36 pm

JSBACHlover wrote:
Wow what a cool post!

I used to collect little critters. Then I had a real dog. It kind of changed things. And then I moved so many times ... I think I lost all of them. 8O

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. :) Sorry to hear that about your little critters, though.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2014, 10:40 pm

LokiofSassgard wrote:
Mine was my raggedy old elmo doll. I had an obsession with Elmo growing up, and I used to have a plush of him. I also had two smaller elmos that I still have with me. One is pink because he's been washed so many times. XD My mom told me that I tried to potty train him once and he fell into the toilet. LOL

Also, I'm surprised to see another person who likes Doc McStuffins and Sofia. <3 I love those shows because they are so cute. I'll have to take a picture of my two small elmos to show you what I mean. Other than that though, I don't really own anything from those two shows. I do want a plushie of Stuffy the Dragon though. He's one of my favorite characters right now. We do have a bunch of tiggers sitting up on a shelf in the living room. XD

I can't really think of anything else I have that's considered-well, it's not a plushie or anything... but I do have this one train from Thomas & Friends I got for like no reason. It's a train, so i thought what the heck? I usually put it out during Christmas time.

Aaaw, that's nice that you have a collection of Elmos! :) And yes, I do like Doc McStuffins and Sofia - I love Doc McStuffins mostly cuz it's about stuffed animals that come to life! :) If you're looking for a plushie of Stuffy, I know that places like the Disney Store, Toys R Us, Target, Walmart, and little gift shops have them...they also have plushies of Lambie, Hallie and Squeakers, too. You can find Doc McStuffins merch pretty much anywhere you look, these days - it was hard to find when the show first came out, though.

I have a couple random Thomas trains, too - one is an Ertl die cast of Thomas, and the other is a little wooden Percy. :)

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2014, 10:41 pm

YarnMonster wrote:
There weren't preschool shows on when I was growing up, not that I recall- beyond Sesame Street. We only had a little tv anyway and didn't watch it much. Three channels on a cloudless day :)

I do like teletubbies and would enjoy a big yellow one. I like elementary-aged plushies (or would if we could afford them). I would love a large Arthur or George Shrinks. I tend to go more toward animals in general (faces bother me) so things like the Wuzzles would be amazing- but seeing as that show has been gone for twenty years, probably little hope it getting a toy from that show. But it was a great show! Mixing two different types of animal? I'm THERE. :)

I always wanted the large Ewok stuffed dolls too- the big ones!

The reasons you watch kids shows are the same reasons I listen to Christmas music all year. I don't like the 'adult' songs about murder, indiscriminate sex, 'worth' being found between our legs- I'm beyond not interested. It makes me sick. I like songs about taking time to care for others, beautiful weather, sweaters, giving people presents, birth of Christ, living a good life. :)

Aww yeah, Wuzzles and Ewoks! I love them-they're so cute! If you're looking for plushies of them, I see them on Ebay and at flea markets/antique stores every once in awhile. :)

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2014, 10:43 pm

Evil_Chuck wrote:

Evil Chuck, I thought of you and Suzie today when I was at the neighborhood Fall Festival - I found a little plushie of Hackus from Smurfs 2 going for a dollar, and he came home with me! :) He's sitting on my bed with all my other little "friends" right now.

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2014, 11:23 pm

LtlPinkCoupe wrote:
LokiofSassgard wrote:

Aaaw, that's nice that you have a collection of Elmos! :) And yes, I do like Doc McStuffins and Sofia - I love Doc McStuffins mostly cuz it's about stuffed animals that come to life! :) If you're looking for a plushie of Stuffy, I know that places like the Disney Store, Toys R Us, Target, Walmart, and little gift shops have them...they also have plushies of Lambie, Hallie and Squeakers, too. You can find Doc McStuffins merch pretty much anywhere you look, these days - it was hard to find when the show first came out, though.

I have a couple random Thomas trains, too - one is an Ertl die cast of Thomas, and the other is a little wooden Percy. :)

I saw some at a Disney Store last time I went. XD I'm thinking of asking for a Stuffy for Christmas because he's my favorite. He's so adorable and comical at times. Plus, him and I are both scared of spiders! :3

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2014, 12:59 am

Evil_Chuck wrote:

I love Mr. Rogers' Neighbourhood; watching it makes me feel four years old again, it's like being wrapped in a giant hug, or protected in a bubble that the real world can't penetrate. I love how Mr. Rogers could always talk to kids in a way they could understand but that didn't sound patronising and annoying. I love Prince Tuesday and Daniel Striped Tiger, and I still laugh at King Friday.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Oct 2014, 2:39 am

LokiofSassgard wrote:
OMG SHINING TIME STATION. <3 SORRY I HAD TO COMMENT THIS BECAUSE I LOVE THAT SHOW SO MUCH. IT'S SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE RECENT CRAPPY VERSION OF THOMAS THEY HAVE NOW!

I agree! I liked the trains when they were just a part of the show to teach lessons to Matt and Tanya. Ringo Starr was my favorite Mr. Conductor, but George Carlin was nice too and I was a big fan of his comedy later on.

LtlPinkCoupe wrote:
Evil Chuck, I thought of you and Suzie today when I was at the neighborhood Fall Festival - I found a little plushie of Hackus from Smurfs 2 going for a dollar, and he came home with me! :) He's sitting on my bed with all my other little "friends" right now.

That's sweet. Hackus, huh? I hope he doesn't make any trouble for you! :lol:

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...