Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2014, 6:34 am

Do you have I won't say super strength but above average strength because I do and I find it odd I'm so much stronger than people who are much taller and gigantic than me and I don't even exercise but then I read somewhere that people with autism and asperger release some hormone or I don't remember what exactly that makes them stronger but thats only when they're so angry and its dangerous
Whats your physical strength in normal situations/all the time

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2014, 7:41 am

There's been some times when I've felt superhuman, and that was when people tried to force me to do something I didn't want to, then I just threw people in all directions. It's as if...something just comes over you, and flinging someone your size is as easy as throwing a teddy bear.

It's happened a couple of times before.

Otherwise, I doubt I'd be any stronger or weaker than anyone else my size.

LookingLost
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2014, 12:46 pm

I'm not sure. Apparently I'm stronger than I look, and I usually seem to be able to do most things, but for some reason I can't do press-ups (push-ups). I don't understand it.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2014, 1:27 pm

I can bench press my own weight. I can do 40-50 press-ups on one leg. I have been told that I'm very strong considering my physique (female, slightly short and not overly large).

When I have a more severe meltdown ("normal" meltdowns I scream, bang my head against the wall and tear at my skin, but I don't tend to become aggressive towards others unless it gets severe), I become superhuman. I needed five police officers to restrain me last time I had a major meltdown in public.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Oct 2014, 3:54 pm

I'm defiantly less strong than average person. I don't exercise alot thou but I do some & feel like I don't build muscle as fast.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2014, 4:23 pm

I'm very strong compared to most people my height and gender. I'm also built like an ox.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2014, 10:24 pm

During meltdowns I feel weak and only cry silently unless I was so angry but I learned to restrain it at an early age the last I went on one of my rampages was when I was eleven years old since my family didn't like it and from back then my big brother could restrain me and I used to get so ashamed from myself even if no one crictized me. I find it very easy and light to push people even in normal situations although I can't do push ups or any exercises or maybe its because I never try or don't like to but I'm not slow in running I'm fast but not the fastest, a few weeks ago at school I was having arm wrestling with three people I won against the first two so fast and easily althought the last one we were at first equal but then I beat them, the person was shaking during it and got a red face, all three of them were so much taller than me 4-10 difference

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2014, 1:18 am

I am pretty weak to be honest, even though I don't look it. I can barely lift heavy things and it stresses me out when that happens.

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2014, 1:31 am

My overall body strength is below average. I am mostly a skinny nerdy guy. But my calf muscles are of super human strength. I have no problem lifting 1200Lbs on the calf press machine.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2014, 6:19 am

I´m pretty strong, but I am also the daughter of two strong built, athletic persons.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2014, 6:57 am

I can't completely lift heavy things but I can push or move them
I'm not really that thin I'm on the healthy weight side, I forgot to say that I eat chicken, meat and fish at least for lunch which are proteins so this might be a reason other than the autism/aspereger hormones
And from the earlier post I made when i wrote "4-10" I forgot to add "cm" to it so I meant "4-10cm"

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2014, 7:18 am

I don't know if my father is strong but my mother and grandfather are especially grandfather he survived two dangerous accidents but none were athletes

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2014, 8:11 am

I am vegetarian but still very strong for my body shape. I weight lift every other day at home.

However there are a lot of very strong people in my family on my dad's side. My dad can easily lift me up from the ground with one arm (I weigh 62kg) and he weight lifts in the gym three times a week. I call him my Bodyguard because if anyone were to hurt me, my dad would destroy them lol.

untilwereturn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2014, 8:47 am

LupaLuna wrote:
My overall body strength is below average. I am mostly a skinny nerdy guy. But my calf muscles are of super human strength. I have no problem lifting 1200Lbs on the calf press machine.

I doubt it has anything to do with being autistic, but I'm the same way. Even when I've worked out, I gain only limited muscle mass. But my legs - and my calves in particular - are unusually muscular and strong.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2014, 10:13 am

I don't recall ever reading this about autism before.

Over my life I've been fairly strong, but I attribute it to just being a bit bigger than others my age while growing up.

I've also had moments of strength.. i.e. I did once throw someone across a room and was actually surprised I was able to lol. Also, while doing some demolition I managed to punch a 10lb sledge hammer right through a ~3" concrete slab whereas others could barely chip the surface. But I couldn't sustain that for long and tired easily. Other times I did well with construction work, but would fatigue and then the next day felt so weak I could barely lift the tools let alone do the work.

That's all changed in the last year and a half or so. I've done a lot of construction. I've eaten well. I've done quite a few workouts. Now I'm better built and stronger than I've ever been in my life. I can do virtually any construction/lifting work all day long for as long as it takes. I wouldn't call it super human strength or anything like that, but I'm certainly a heck of a lot stronger than I've ever been in my life thanks to clearing and healing my digestive tract so that I can digest the nutrients I eat. I've put on approx 20lbs of muscle over the last year or so.

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2014, 12:55 pm

untilwereturn wrote:
LupaLuna wrote:

I doubt it has anything to do with being autistic, but I'm the same way. Even when I've worked out, I gain only limited muscle mass. But my legs - and my calves in particular - are unusually muscular and strong.

Actually, I think it does. I've read a few post here on WP about toe walking as a means of stimming, And when you toe walk, you put all your body weight on your calf muscles. I also like to bounce on my toes as well, which put an even greater load on the calves.