Guys how important are are these qualities to you in a girl?

Page 6 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 4:25 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Maybe he was just shy.

I wasn't exactly the kind of guy who would ask girls out until I attained my mid-twenties.

LOL...I know you wouldn't give me the time of day because of my age--but, if I wasn't "taken," I would definitely be honored to be on a date with you.

I messaged plenty of women on dating sites and it didn't get me anything but sadness. so asking girls out is just a waste of time.
far to shy and intimidated to do it in person . far too many variables to consider. with a 99% failure probability and high likeliness of liability and/or possible bodily damage.

she wouldn't give me time of day either, and I'm not too old. shes in the unobtainable section along with most girls that are too good for me, likewise I would be happy to date any of them including her. the reality simply isn't possible, which. I am trying to accept. makes the next step towards ending it all much easier I hope.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 5:45 am

sly279 wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
Oh lord guys I'm not unhappy or anything and I have my own life. It's not like I sit behind the computer all day whining and worrying. Last night I had a great time at salsa and zumba.

There was a really cute guy at salsa and I felt like we connected quite a bit and flirted. It was his last time there because the day after he was going to move to another (big) city. If he liked me he would have asked for my facebook or number or something like that. He didn't so I guess the feelings weren't mutual. I wonder if any guy I like will ever like me back and show it.

if you aren't unhappy then why are you complaining about it. complaining comes from being unhappy about something :P

If I was happy and not lonely I wouldn't likely be on wp. wouldn't have the time to be here if I had a job/gf alongside my interests anyway.
maybe he was interested but doesn't do long distance, or he too shy.

Being unhappy about one thing doesn't mean being unhappy about life in general.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 12:53 pm

OmG on facebook I just saw that the shyest most quiet and insecire girl that I went to interpesonal skills class with just got into a relationship. She was even more socially inhibited and insecure than me and even she managed it. WTF is wrong with me!?!?!?! Makes me feel like a freak of nature.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 1:11 pm

Keep whining and you'll get a bf within 2 weeks.

Whining girls always get bfs.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 2:59 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Doesn´t matter if I keep whining or not. I will keep ´whining´ if I feel the need.

DoubleCatrin
Toucan
Toucan

05 Nov 2014, 5:05 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

of course they do :wink:
but it's like playing the lottery or putting a blind on and picking a random.
you never know what you gonna get

someone's av here/face is scarier than you btw Boo

hope you find someone nice Cafeaulait : 3

imaginary? bartender at
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=262032&start=285

Wafflemarine
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Nov 2014, 5:40 pm

Thinking to much into it. I know its easy for us to attribute some logical explanation to issues by looking at the data but its not going to help. It will only end up frustrating you further.

I have to try my best not to either because it would be far easier to take if I knew exactly what I was doing wrong so I had a goal to set to work towards.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 8:46 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
Oh lord guys I'm not unhappy or anything and I have my own life. It's not like I sit behind the computer all day whining and worrying. Last night I had a great time at salsa and zumba.

There was a really cute guy at salsa and I felt like we connected quite a bit and flirted. It was his last time there because the day after he was going to move to another (big) city. If he liked me he would have asked for my facebook or number or something like that. He didn't so I guess the feelings weren't mutual. I wonder if any guy I like will ever like me back and show it.

if you aren't unhappy then why are you complaining about it. complaining comes from being unhappy about something :P

If I was happy and not lonely I wouldn't likely be on wp. wouldn't have the time to be here if I had a job/gf alongside my interests anyway.
maybe he was interested but doesn't do long distance, or he too shy.

Being unhappy about one thing doesn't mean being unhappy about life in general.

does for me and many others. you're lucky if it doesn't for you. I have way more depressing things in my life then the tiny bit of good stuff(which is all objects that only bring limited time happiness, forcing me to keep buying more things, but i've reached the point where I have almost every object could want.)

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2014, 4:18 am

Cafeaulait wrote:
OmG on facebook I just saw that the shyest most quiet and insecire girl that I went to interpesonal skills class with just got into a relationship. She was even more socially inhibited and insecure than me and even she managed it. WTF is wrong with me!?!?!?! Makes me feel like a freak of nature.

There is nothing wrong with you. You will get a boyfriend.

AlexanderDantes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Nov 2014, 5:33 am

Curiosity is the most important trait for me.

Someone I can talk to for hours about anything that stimulates my mind, computer astrophysics, quantum physics, biology, finance, philosophy, economics. Someone that intrigues me to grow and be curious, someone that is passionate about life and learning.

I hate small talk that lacks any depth, I don't like the company of people who obsess over their status or body, but people who see outside of themselves and the world around them.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2014, 6:38 am

Cafeaulait wrote:

Why didn't you ask for his number? Maybe he had no idea you were possibly interested in him. Maybe he was shy. Unless a guy is extremely attractive he'll probably get turned down 9 times out of 10, and stop doing it. Maybe he didn't know you were single.
Also, at your age most guys probably aren't interested in a serious relationship.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2014, 7:03 am

Yeah, you are right. I am only 22 and I will probably grow stronger over the years. Only one more subject to complete and I can call me a master of science. I'm going to focus on finishing my studies and developing myself by exploring the things that I've always wanted to do, spening time with friends and family, traveling, volunteering, and maybe even getting a small weekend job. I'm not even 25 yet so many things can change in the next years. If one of the smartest and most popular guys out of the blue once told me that he was suprised that I didn't have a boyfriend yet, I can't be that weird.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2014, 6:08 pm

trollcatman wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:

Why didn't you ask for his number? Maybe he had no idea you were possibly interested in him. Maybe he was shy. Unless a guy is extremely attractive he'll probably get turned down 9 times out of 10, and stop doing it. Maybe he didn't know you were single.
Also, at your age most guys probably aren't interested in a serious relationship.

Yeah I've stopped trying, doubt I'll every try again even once I get a higher paying job. just been beat down too far to feel worthy anymore.

russdm
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Nov 2014, 8:52 pm

My comments in Italics

Cafeaulait wrote:
Caring: I would say this is important
Analytical: How exactly is this being defined? In relation to data or in relation to emotions?
Calm: Ability to remain calm? or simply being calm in general?
Flexible: I would consider this meaning being flexible in regards to plans and decisions, somewhat important
Looks taken care of: Taking care of one's body is always good
Patient: Given my tendencies, having this is a big deal
Inspirational: For others? For me? I suppose I would like this
Respectful: Of the law? Of governments? Of people or me? I think it's useful
Creative: Really nice to have
Independent: It would be nice for her to have her own life beyond me, so she doesn't get overwhelmed or consumed in mine

Which ones are most important to you and which ones aren't? People assigned me these qualities but I have no luck in love.